Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
EXCLUSIVE: Beşiktaş battle La Liga clubs, South American giants over Espanyol’s Sherif Ibrahim
RCD Espanyol’s 19-year-old Egyptian midfielder Sherif Ibrahim has attracted interest from Beşiktaş, La Liga clubs and two South American giants, King Fut can exclusively reveal.
London-born Egyptian-Moroccan attacking midfielder Sherif Ibrahim, who joined Barcelona-based side RCD Espanyol’s B team last summer, has attracted interest from a number of potential suitors including Turkey’s Beşiktaş and a handful of La Liga and South American sides, KingFut.com understands.
The 19-year-old, who can play as a playmaker or winger, impressed while on loan at Mexico’s Santos Laguna last year, where he broke the record for most goals and assists in the reserve league during the first half of the season with 23 and 24.
Sherif Ibrahim temporarily returned to Espanyol before moving on loan once again during the winter transfer window – this time in Argentina with Newell’s Old Boys, where he scored 8 goals and assisted 7 in his first 15 games for their second team.
Following his impressive loan spells, and with his contract set to expire in the summer, Club América and Club Universidad de Chile both enquired about Sherif’s availability, while Spanish sides Almería, Osasuna and Real Zaragoza have all expressed interest.
During his time with Santos, Sherif scored five goals in a friendly against Beşiktaş’ youth side, and he is expected to soon hold talks with the Turkish club.
The Egyptian starlet also has the option to join Newell’s Old Boys on a permanent transfer, as there was a clause included in the loan deal for him to join the club on a two year deal, with the option of an additional year.
Ibrahim has previously been contacted by the Egyptian Football Association and just missed out on joining the Young Pharaohs at the U-20 World Cup in Turkey last summer, as the team failed to include him in the squad before FIFA’s deadline.