Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
EXCLUSIVE: Beşiktaş battle La Liga clubs, South American giants over Espanyol’s Sherif Ibrahim
RCD Espanyol’s 19-year-old Egyptian midfielder Sherif Ibrahim has attracted interest from Beşiktaş, La Liga clubs and two South American giants, King Fut can exclusively reveal.
London-born Egyptian-Moroccan attacking midfielder Sherif Ibrahim, who joined Barcelona-based side RCD Espanyol’s B team last summer, has attracted interest from a number of potential suitors including Turkey’s Beşiktaş and a handful of La Liga and South American sides, KingFut.com understands.
The 19-year-old, who can play as a playmaker or winger, impressed while on loan at Mexico’s Santos Laguna last year, where he broke the record for most goals and assists in the reserve league during the first half of the season with 23 and 24.
Sherif Ibrahim temporarily returned to Espanyol before moving on loan once again during the winter transfer window – this time in Argentina with Newell’s Old Boys, where he scored 8 goals and assisted 7 in his first 15 games for their second team.
Following his impressive loan spells, and with his contract set to expire in the summer, Club América and Club Universidad de Chile both enquired about Sherif’s availability, while Spanish sides Almería, Osasuna and Real Zaragoza have all expressed interest.
During his time with Santos, Sherif scored five goals in a friendly against Beşiktaş’ youth side, and he is expected to soon hold talks with the Turkish club.
The Egyptian starlet also has the option to join Newell’s Old Boys on a permanent transfer, as there was a clause included in the loan deal for him to join the club on a two year deal, with the option of an additional year.
Ibrahim has previously been contacted by the Egyptian Football Association and just missed out on joining the Young Pharaohs at the U-20 World Cup in Turkey last summer, as the team failed to include him in the squad before FIFA’s deadline.