Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Egypt to file bids to host U-17 Women’s World Cup and Beach Soccer World Cup
Egypt has previously hosted the 1997 U-17 World Cup and the 2009 U-20 World Cup, and are willing to add to that tally by filing bids to host both tournaments.
In a statement issued by football’s governing body, FIFA highlighted that there is a ‘high interest’ in hosting FIFA tournaments.
As far as the U-17 Women’s World Cup goes, Egypt face competition from European quartet Finland, Sweden, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Northern Ireland.
Eleven countries have expressed the desire to host the 2017 Beach Soccer World Cup alongside Egypt, and they are: Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Bahamas, UAE, USA, Cayman Islands, Ecuador, El Salvador, Trinidad and Tobago, and Germany.