Braga have been eliminated from the Portuguese League Cup semi-final after a...
- Braga knocked out of League Cup after loss to Benfica
- Salah scores as Roma come back to defeat Genoa
- OFFICIAL: Zamalek terminate Alex McLeish’s contract
- Egyptian referee Gehad Grisha appointed for Rio Olympics
- FTF threaten to continue football season behind closed doors
- EXCLUSIVE | Akram Tawfik signs Al Ahly pre-contract
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent denies Alex McLeish departure rumors
- VOLLEYBALL: Zamalek defeat Tala’a El-Gaish to clinch Egypt Cup
- Ghazal injured as Arouca down Nacional 3-0
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent denies Al Ahly remarks regarding Trezeguet
FIFA to examine government intervention allegations in Egypt
FIFA is reportedly sending a delegation to investigate the claims made against the Egyptian government of interfering with football.
Egypt has been linked with government intervention since former Sports Minister Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Al Ahly board and hire an interim board of directors, a decision that was later overturned by former Prime Minister Hazem El-Beblawi.
According to renowned media outlet Al-Ahram, the delegation is due to arrive on Monday and will be led by member of the Department of National Associations Primo Corvaro.
It is also worth noting that the Cameroonian federation, Fecafoot, were previously suspended by football’s governing body after government intervention was found.