AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
FIFA to examine government intervention allegations in Egypt
FIFA is reportedly sending a delegation to investigate the claims made against the Egyptian government of interfering with football.
Egypt has been linked with government intervention since former Sports Minister Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Al Ahly board and hire an interim board of directors, a decision that was later overturned by former Prime Minister Hazem El-Beblawi.
According to renowned media outlet Al-Ahram, the delegation is due to arrive on Monday and will be led by member of the Department of National Associations Primo Corvaro.
It is also worth noting that the Cameroonian federation, Fecafoot, were previously suspended by football’s governing body after government intervention was found.