Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy has announced a 19-man squad list...
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad for El-Gaish match
- Amro Tarek speaks on adapting to Columbus
- Tennis: Egyptians through to next stage in African Championship
- VIDEO: Gedo scores hat-trick as Entag sink Ismaily
- Aswan retract decision to forfeit league
- Aswan president: We are forfeiting the league
- Mahmoud Taher: Zizo could stay till end of the season
- Al Ahly receive Russian offer for Malick Evouna
- EXCLUSIVE: U.C. Sampdoria file bid for Amr Warda
- PHOTO: Daniel Sanchez on Zamalek’s radar
FIFA to examine government intervention allegations in Egypt
FIFA is reportedly sending a delegation to investigate the claims made against the Egyptian government of interfering with football.
Egypt has been linked with government intervention since former Sports Minister Taher Abou-Zeid’s decision to sack the Al Ahly board and hire an interim board of directors, a decision that was later overturned by former Prime Minister Hazem El-Beblawi.
Several Egyptian clubs including Al Ahly and Zamalek filed complaints against government intervention after the Sports Ministry insisted on holding the club elections.
According to renowned media outlet Al-Ahram, the delegation is due to arrive on Monday and will be led by member of the Department of National Associations Primo Corvaro.
It is also worth noting that the Cameroonian federation, Fecafoot, were previously suspended by football’s governing body after government intervention was found.