Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
CD Nacional beaten on the final match day of the season by Gil Vicente
CD Nacional were beaten on the final match day of the season 1-0 with both Pharoahs starting the game.
With both Gomaa and Ghazal starting for Nacional, the game went on with no major event until the 30th minute when Rui Silva got yellow carded for a foul in the box, giving by the same occasion a penalty for the home team. Diogo Viana stepped up to net his 4th league goal of the season putting his team ahead 15 minutes before half-time.
After the break, the two teams came back on the pitch with Nacional eyeing an equalizer that never came.
Gomaa and Ghazal completed the 90 minutes with the latter picking up a yellow card in injury time.
Despite losing the final game CD Nacional ends the season with a fantastic 5th spot in the league that guarantees Europa league football for the Madeira-based club next season.