Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Hegazy makes the bench for the second game in a row as Fiorentina beat Livorno
After appearing in the squad that played Sassuolo last week, the 23-year-old Egyptian was present again in Fiorentina’s win against Livorno, but still didn’t get any minutes following his comeback from injury.
Juan Cuadrado came close to opening the scores for the visitors inside the second minute, but he saw his drilled effort beaten away by Luca Anania.
Josip Ilicic then threatened for the visitors with a curling free kick that headed narrowly over the bar.
Fiorentina continued to dominate and made their pressure count by taking the lead in the 57th minute. Cuadrado was slipped into the box by Giuseppe Rossi and after seeing his initial shot saved by Anania, he made no mistake to slot home the rebound
Miguel Borja was sent off for two late bookings as Livorno’s stay in the top flight came to an end.