Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Hegazy makes the bench for the second game in a row as Fiorentina beat Livorno
After appearing in the squad that played Sassuolo last week, the 23-year-old Egyptian was present again in Fiorentina’s win against Livorno, but still didn’t get any minutes following his comeback from injury.
Juan Cuadrado came close to opening the scores for the visitors inside the second minute, but he saw his drilled effort beaten away by Luca Anania.
Josip Ilicic then threatened for the visitors with a curling free kick that headed narrowly over the bar.
Fiorentina continued to dominate and made their pressure count by taking the lead in the 57th minute. Cuadrado was slipped into the box by Giuseppe Rossi and after seeing his initial shot saved by Anania, he made no mistake to slot home the rebound
Miguel Borja was sent off for two late bookings as Livorno’s stay in the top flight came to an end.