Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Salah starts final league match as Chelsea come from behind at Cardiff
Following rumors of Jose Mourinho reportedly blasting Salah and Nemanja Matic during his half-time team talk in last Sunday’s goalless draw at Norwich, the Egyptian retained his spot in the starting eleven for the sixth consecutive league match.
Chelsea went 1-0 down early as Craig Bellamy’s shot took a deflection off Azpilicueta on the 15th minute mark.
Mohamed Salah had a couple of decent chances to find an equalizer, but none were closer to his low shot on the stroke of half-time, which went just wide of the post.
The Blues scored two quick goals in succession through André Schürrle and Fernando Torres in the 72nd and 75th minute respectively, just three minutes before Salah was subbed off for youngster Nathan Ake.
Chelsea finish the Premier League season in third place, four points behind Manchester City – who were crowned champions following a 2-0 win against West Ham – to secure their spot in next season’s UEFA Champions League.
21-year-old Salah’s debut season ends with two goals and an assist in 11 appearances for Mourinho’s side.