Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Trezeguet the talking point as Al Ahly draw with Ghazl El-Mahalla
The Red Devils played out a draw with Ghazl El-Mahalla on Sunday afternoon after trailing for most of the game but eventually made things level through Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ who missed a penalty earlier on in the game.
Al Ahly failed to make the most of Smouha’s draw with ENPPI, but nevertheless find themselves at the top of the table.
Ghazl El-Mahalla XI: El-Mahdi Soliman; Amr Ramadan, Shehab El-Din Mohamed, Sam Thiam; Abdelrahman Mohy, Hossam Arafat, Hassan Mostafa, Moataz Mahrous, Mohamed Rizk; Mahmoud Nagi, Khaled Kassab.
Al Ahly XI: Sherif Ekramy; Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Ahmed Shedid; Hossam Ashour, Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Moussa Yedan; Ahmed Raouf, Amr Gamal.
Minutes into the game and the visitors were up and running, Moussa Yedan slotted the ball through to Amr Gamal who failed to make the most of the perfectly weighted pass.
El Falaheen threatened Sherif Ekramy’s goal when Hossam Arafat unleashed a thunderous strike which was saved by the Al Ahly keeper.
Arafat put his side ahead near the half hour mark when he powerfully finished past Ekramy after some great play by Khaled Kassab.
The Red Devils were then awarded a penalty after Mahmoud Nagi handled Ahmed Fathi’s cross.
Trezeguet stepped up to take the corresponding penalty, but his spot-kick was saved by El-Mahdi Soliman.
The Red Devils had a penalty appeal turned down ifteen minutes into the second half Ahmed Raouf unleashed a stinging strike which allegedly hit the arm of Shehab El-Din Mohamed.
Substitute Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ had the chance to make it 1-1 but he failed to control Trezeguet’s cross.
The Red Castle got their equaliser minutes later when Ahmed Shedid’s cross was controlled really well by Trezeguet who volleyed the ball into the net.
Gedo missed a glorious chance to put the Red Devils ahead when he went through on goal before blasting the ball into the ball hands of Soliman.
Ghazl could’ve snatched a late win when Saad Mando went through on goal only for the ball to go to waste.