Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
El-Nenny’s Basel win Swiss Super League with win over FC Aarau
FC Basel’s 3-1 victory over FC Aarau maintained their four-point lead over second placed Grasshoppers Zurich, which mathematically means they are champions of the Swiss league for the 5th consecutive year.
This was the second consecutive league title for 21-year-old El-Nenny, who started his professional football career at the humble Arab Contractors side with now Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah.
Salah will qualify for a Swiss League winners medal having played 18 out of the 36 league games this season before moving to Chelsea. The duo become the first Egyptians to win two league medals in Europe.
FC Basel go into the last game of the season four points clear at the top and play bottom-placed and already relegated side FC Laussane-Sport.