Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
El-Nenny’s Basel win Swiss Super League with win over FC Aarau
FC Basel’s 3-1 victory over FC Aarau maintained their four-point lead over second placed Grasshoppers Zurich, which mathematically means they are champions of the Swiss league for the 5th consecutive year.
Mohamed El-Nenny started on the right side of midfield alongside Ivorian midfielder and World Cup bound Serey Die and Fabian Frei with the Egypt international completing the full match.
This was the second consecutive league title for 21-year-old El-Nenny, who started his professional football career at the humble Arab Contractors side with now Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah.
Salah will qualify for a Swiss League winners medal having played 18 out of the 36 league games this season before moving to Chelsea. The duo become the first Egyptians to win two league medals in Europe.
FC Basel go into the last game of the season four points clear at the top and play bottom-placed and already relegated side FC Laussane-Sport.