Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
El-Nenny’s Basel win Swiss Super League with win over FC Aarau
FC Basel’s 3-1 victory over FC Aarau maintained their four-point lead over second placed Grasshoppers Zurich, which mathematically means they are champions of the Swiss league for the 5th consecutive year.
This was the second consecutive league title for 21-year-old El-Nenny, who started his professional football career at the humble Arab Contractors side with now Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah.
Salah will qualify for a Swiss League winners medal having played 18 out of the 36 league games this season before moving to Chelsea. The duo become the first Egyptians to win two league medals in Europe.
FC Basel go into the last game of the season four points clear at the top and play bottom-placed and already relegated side FC Laussane-Sport.