Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Al Ahly kick-off CAF Confederation Cup campaign with a win over Nkana
Al Ahly XI: Sherif Ekramy; Ahmed Fathy, Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Ahmed Shedid; Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said; Ahmed Raouf, Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’.
Nkana XI: Rabson Mucheleng’anga; Billy Mwanza, Donashamo Malama, Maybin Chishimba, Noel Phiri; Derrick Mwansa, Shadrick Musonda, Claude Bwalya, Roland Kampamba; Simon Bwalya, Evans Kangwa.
The Red Devils had to deal with an injury early on when Abdallah El-Said picked up a knock, Moussa Yedan replaced the playmaker.
Ahmed Raouf then had the chance to make it 1-0 when he went through on goal but his finish was saved by Mucheleng’anga.
Nkana had the most dangerous chance of the half when Simon Bwalya went through on goal after a defensive mistake from the Red Devils, but his finish went inches wide of the post.
Al Ahly showed more zest in the second half, and two minutes after the restart substitute Amr Gamal headed past Mucheleng’anga, latching onto Ahmed Fathy’s pinpoint cross.
Amr Gamal could’ve doubled his tally seconds later when his acrobatic finish went just over the bar, much to the relief of the Zambian giants.
Eight minutes later the Red Devils doubled their lead when Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’s header found the back of the net.
With this win, the Red Devils start their CAF Confederation Cup campaign in style by claiming a much needed three points.