Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Al Ahly kick-off CAF Confederation Cup campaign with a win over Nkana
Al Ahly XI: Sherif Ekramy; Ahmed Fathy, Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Ahmed Shedid; Rami Rabia, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said; Ahmed Raouf, Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’.
Nkana XI: Rabson Mucheleng’anga; Billy Mwanza, Donashamo Malama, Maybin Chishimba, Noel Phiri; Derrick Mwansa, Shadrick Musonda, Claude Bwalya, Roland Kampamba; Simon Bwalya, Evans Kangwa.
The Red Devils had to deal with an injury early on when Abdallah El-Said picked up a knock, Moussa Yedan replaced the playmaker.
Ahmed Raouf then had the chance to make it 1-0 when he went through on goal but his finish was saved by Mucheleng’anga.
Nkana had the most dangerous chance of the half when Simon Bwalya went through on goal after a defensive mistake from the Red Devils, but his finish went inches wide of the post.
Al Ahly showed more zest in the second half, and two minutes after the restart substitute Amr Gamal headed past Mucheleng’anga, latching onto Ahmed Fathy’s pinpoint cross.
Amr Gamal could’ve doubled his tally seconds later when his acrobatic finish went just over the bar, much to the relief of the Zambian giants.
Eight minutes later the Red Devils doubled their lead when Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’s header found the back of the net.
With this win, the Red Devils start their CAF Confederation Cup campaign in style by claiming a much needed three points.