Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
El-Nenny thanks departing FC Basel coach Murat Yakin
During his time with Basel, Yakin won the Swiss Super League twice, the cup once and lead the club to their first-ever Europa League semi-final appearance in 2013.
The 39-year-old was the man behind the decision to first take Egypt midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny on loan from Arab Contractors, before offering him a 4-year contract with the Swiss champions.
After FC Basel announced that Yakin’s would part ways by mutual consent, El-Nenny tweeted: “Thank you a lot Murat Yakin, I wish you the best of luck in your life and in the world of football. Thanks a lot.”
The Swiss-Turkish coach won’t be the only one departing from FC Basel at the end of the current season, as Yann Sommer and Valentin Stocker are both Germany-bound, while El-Nenny has reportedly captured the interest of London-based English Premier League club West Ham United.