Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
El-Nenny thanks departing FC Basel coach Murat Yakin
During his time with Basel, Yakin won the Swiss Super League twice, the cup once and lead the club to their first-ever Europa League semi-final appearance in 2013.
The 39-year-old was the man behind the decision to first take Egypt midfielder Mohamed El-Nenny on loan from Arab Contractors, before offering him a 4-year contract with the Swiss champions.
After FC Basel announced that Yakin’s would part ways by mutual consent, El-Nenny tweeted: “Thank you a lot Murat Yakin, I wish you the best of luck in your life and in the world of football. Thanks a lot.”
The Swiss-Turkish coach won’t be the only one departing from FC Basel at the end of the current season, as Yann Sommer and Valentin Stocker are both Germany-bound, while El-Nenny has reportedly captured the interest of London-based English Premier League club West Ham United.