Ivory Coast and Paris Saint Germain’s right back, Serge Aurier, has been...
- PSG’s Serge Aurier faces jail time after attacking police officer
- Hector Cuper announces squad for Congo clash
- CAF Confederation Cup: MO Béjaïa, TP Mazembe set up final clash
- VIDEO: Egypt crash out of Futsal World Cup with heavy defeat to Argentina
- INTERVIEW | Zimbabwe’s Bruce Grobbelaar: Hossam Hassan one of the best
- Egyptian duo feature as Lierse beat Lommel
- Elashwal delighted after inspiring Egypt to victory over Italy in the Futsal World Cup
- Mohamed Salah features as Roma lose 3-1 to Torino
- Wydad Coach: We will support Zamalek in the final match
- Momen Soliman: I know our mistakes but I have no solutions
Hegazy returns in dramatic Serie A finale with Fiorentina
It was an exciting end of the season in Serie A as three teams were vying for a place in the Europa League.
Torino needed to win in La Viola‘s backyard to secure automatic qualification to the Europa League, but the match ended in a dramatic draw.
Giuseppe Rossi scored first for the home team from the penalty spot in the 56th minute as Fiorentina looked to take control of the game, but Torino’s Marcelo Larrondo went on to equalize just over 10 minutes later.
Rebic scored Viola’s second in the 79th minute, but Torino again went on to level the score through Kurtic – after Hegazy’s mistimed tackle saw Italy international Alessio Cerci advance into a dangerous area before providing the assist.
Cerci had the chance to secure Torino’s place in the Europa League next season through a penalty that Hegazy’s partner Roncaglia conceded as he tackled an opposition player inside the box. However, the Italian winger missed his spot kick shot as it was parried by the Fiorentina goalkeeper.
Ahmed Hegazy showed a calm performance for a man who just returned from two consecutive ACL tears. His lack of match fitness may have shown, but despite that he almost had a scoring opportunity forcing a save from a Torino defender.
Fiorentina ended the season runners-up to Napoli in the Coppa Italia final and 4th in the Serie A and are to represent Italy in next season’s Europa League.