- Gomez: ‘Salah is a great player’, more playing options with him
- Salah’s Fiorentina to face Roma in Europa League round of 16
- Montella: Salah is devastating, Chelsea have high hopes
- Egypt FA reverses course again, claims new coach will be foreigner
- VIDEO: Salah strikes again as Fiorentina knock Spurs out of Europa League
- VIDEO: Al Ahly retired midfielder Barakat visits FC Barcelona
- INFOGRAPHIC: El-Nenny covers most ground in UEFA Champions League
- Official: Burkinabé Koffi renews contract with Zamalek for 4 years
- Ex-Viola player Robbiati: Salah not selfish like Cuadrado
- Salah included in Fiorentina squad to host Tottenham in Europa League
Hegazy returns in dramatic Serie A finale with Fiorentina
It was an exciting end of the season in Serie A as three teams were vying for a place in the Europa League.
Torino needed to win in La Viola‘s backyard to secure automatic qualification to the Europa League, but the match ended in a dramatic draw.
Giuseppe Rossi scored first for the home team from the penalty spot in the 56th minute as Fiorentina looked to take control of the game, but Torino’s Marcelo Larrondo went on to equalize just over 10 minutes later.
Rebic scored Viola’s second in the 79th minute, but Torino again went on to level the score through Kurtic – after Hegazy’s mistimed tackle saw Italy international Alessio Cerci advance into a dangerous area before providing the assist.
Cerci had the chance to secure Torino’s place in the Europa League next season through a penalty that Hegazy’s partner Roncaglia conceded as he tackled an opposition player inside the box. However, the Italian winger missed his spot kick shot as it was parried by the Fiorentina goalkeeper.
Ahmed Hegazy showed a calm performance for a man who just returned from two consecutive ACL tears. His lack of match fitness may have shown, but despite that he almost had a scoring opportunity forcing a save from a Torino defender.
Fiorentina ended the season runners-up to Napoli in the Coppa Italia final and 4th in the Serie A and are to represent Italy in next season’s Europa League.