Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
Egypt’s El-Nenny crowned Swiss champion with FC Basel
FC Basel were officially crowned Swiss champions for the 5th consecutive year in front of 34,412 spectators at St. Jakob Park on Sunday, following their 4-2 win against relegated FC Lausanne-Sport.
With Basel already securing the Swiss Super League title last week by maintaining a four-point lead over second-placed Grasshoppers Zurich going into the final matchday, the champions ended the season in style with a 4-2 win at home against Lausanne-Sport, while Grasshoppers lost 3-1 at FC Sion.
Mohamed El-Nenny started the match in central midfield alongside Fabian Frei, with the Egypt international playing 74 minutes before being replaced by Ivorian midfielder and World Cup bound Serey Die.
In a match which marked the final appearances of Yann Sommer and Valentin Stocker, who are off to Borussia Monchengladbach and Hertha BSC respectively, and coach Murat Yakin, goals from Albian Ajeti, Davide Calla (x2) and Serey Die gave FC Basel fans a memorable sending off for their club legends.
This was the second consecutive league title for 21-year-old El-Nenny, who took to social media to thank his departing coach Murat Yakin – who was responsible for signing the Egyptian from Arab Contractors last year.
Chelsea’s Mohamed Salah will also qualify for a Swiss League winners medal having played 18 out of the 36 league games this season.
The duo become the first Egyptians to win two league medals in Europe.