Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Egyptian Cup Roundup: Ismaily and Haras El-Hodood progress
Round of 32 of the Egyptian Cup saw Ismaily edge Al-Nassr, and Haras El-Hodood edging Al Masry on penalties.
Ismaily 2-0 Al-Nassr
The Dervishes managed to secure themselves a place in the Round of 16 with a win over Division B side Al-Nassr. Amr El-Solayya opened the scoring for Ismaily 15 minutes into the first half before Ibrahim Hassan eventually secured the win two minutes after the hour mark.
Haras El-Hodood 2-2 Al Masry (5-4 pens)
Two-time cup winners Haras El Hodood arduously edged past Al Masry by beating them on penalties after the game ended 2-2. Ahmed Sabry opened the scoring for the Alexandrian side before Ahmed Daouda made it 1-1 shortly before half-time. Sayed Hassan made it 2-1 in the second half before Al Masry equalised in stoppage time through Islam Salah.
El Minya 2-1 Bahteem
Relegated El Minya managed to edge Bahtim in a thrilling encounter in Abbassia. Man-in-form Mahmoud Qaoud netted two goals before Zizo pulled one back for the visitors, but it only proved to be a consolation.