Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Egyptian Cup Roundup: Ismaily and Haras El-Hodood progress
Round of 32 of the Egyptian Cup saw Ismaily edge Al-Nassr, and Haras El-Hodood edging Al Masry on penalties.
Ismaily 2-0 Al-Nassr
The Dervishes managed to secure themselves a place in the Round of 16 with a win over Division B side Al-Nassr. Amr El-Solayya opened the scoring for Ismaily 15 minutes into the first half before Ibrahim Hassan eventually secured the win two minutes after the hour mark.
Haras El-Hodood 2-2 Al Masry (5-4 pens)
Two-time cup winners Haras El Hodood arduously edged past Al Masry by beating them on penalties after the game ended 2-2. Ahmed Sabry opened the scoring for the Alexandrian side before Ahmed Daouda made it 1-1 shortly before half-time. Sayed Hassan made it 2-1 in the second half before Al Masry equalised in stoppage time through Islam Salah.
El Minya 2-1 Bahteem
Relegated El Minya managed to edge Bahtim in a thrilling encounter in Abbassia. Man-in-form Mahmoud Qaoud netted two goals before Zizo pulled one back for the visitors, but it only proved to be a consolation.