Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Hegazy: I’m staying with Fiorentina, No contact with Gharib during my injury
23-year-old centre-back Hegazy eluded to the fact that he might not be so happy as current national team manager Shawky Gharib had not spoken to him since he took charge in November.
The towering Egyptian made his comeback from his second ACL injury and played in Fiorentina’s final match this season as the Serie A concluded with a tantalizing finish with the Viola drawing against Torino in Florence.
“I thank God for my return to the pitch after my injury which kept me out for the entire season,” Ahmed Hegazy said during a television interview.
Hegazy then indicated that even though Gharib himself was not in communication with him, the Egyptian national team doctor was: “Egyptian national team coach Shawky Gharib did not check up on my health during the recent period, only the national team doctor was the one who continued to contact me to find out about my development and when I could return to playing games.”
“I did not receive any sign from the Italian club indicating a call-up to the national team camp. It is important for now to return [to playing] and then prove myself to play for the national team,” he concluded.