Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Hegazy: I’m staying with Fiorentina, No contact with Gharib during my injury
23-year-old centre-back Hegazy eluded to the fact that he might not be so happy as current national team manager Shawky Gharib had not spoken to him since he took charge in November.
The towering Egyptian made his comeback from his second ACL injury and played in Fiorentina’s final match this season as the Serie A concluded with a tantalizing finish with the Viola drawing against Torino in Florence.
“I thank God for my return to the pitch after my injury which kept me out for the entire season,” Ahmed Hegazy said during a television interview.
Hegazy then indicated that even though Gharib himself was not in communication with him, the Egyptian national team doctor was: “Egyptian national team coach Shawky Gharib did not check up on my health during the recent period, only the national team doctor was the one who continued to contact me to find out about my development and when I could return to playing games.”
“I did not receive any sign from the Italian club indicating a call-up to the national team camp. It is important for now to return [to playing] and then prove myself to play for the national team,” he concluded.