Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Hegazy: I’m staying with Fiorentina, No contact with Gharib during my injury
23-year-old centre-back Hegazy eluded to the fact that he might not be so happy as current national team manager Shawky Gharib had not spoken to him since he took charge in November.
The towering Egyptian made his comeback from his second ACL injury and played in Fiorentina’s final match this season as the Serie A concluded with a tantalizing finish with the Viola drawing against Torino in Florence.
“I thank God for my return to the pitch after my injury which kept me out for the entire season,” Ahmed Hegazy said during a television interview.
Hegazy then indicated that even though Gharib himself was not in communication with him, the Egyptian national team doctor was: “Egyptian national team coach Shawky Gharib did not check up on my health during the recent period, only the national team doctor was the one who continued to contact me to find out about my development and when I could return to playing games.”
“I did not receive any sign from the Italian club indicating a call-up to the national team camp. It is important for now to return [to playing] and then prove myself to play for the national team,” he concluded.