Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Hegazy: I’m staying with Fiorentina, No contact with Gharib during my injury
23-year-old centre-back Hegazy eluded to the fact that he might not be so happy as current national team manager Shawky Gharib had not spoken to him since he took charge in November.
The towering Egyptian made his comeback from his second ACL injury and played in Fiorentina’s final match this season as the Serie A concluded with a tantalizing finish with the Viola drawing against Torino in Florence.
“I thank God for my return to the pitch after my injury which kept me out for the entire season,” Ahmed Hegazy said during a television interview.
Hegazy then indicated that even though Gharib himself was not in communication with him, the Egyptian national team doctor was: “Egyptian national team coach Shawky Gharib did not check up on my health during the recent period, only the national team doctor was the one who continued to contact me to find out about my development and when I could return to playing games.”
“I did not receive any sign from the Italian club indicating a call-up to the national team camp. It is important for now to return [to playing] and then prove myself to play for the national team,” he concluded.