Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Mohamed Zidan denies retirement, eyes Egypt recall
32-year-old Mohamed Zidan, who spent most of career playing in Denmark and Germany prior to a brief spell in the Emirates with Baniyas, is looking to return to the Bundesliga or Danish Superliga next season.
When asked on his relationship with Mido, he said: “My relationship with Mido very good and I predict a bright future on the field as I do not mind training under him, especially since Mido would give me useful guidance in the game from his experience.”
Zidan hasn’t ended hopes of playing for the Egyptian national team again, claiming he still has a lot to give; and by joining a club and playing regular football it would ensure his return to the Pharaohs.
The former Mainz, Werder Bremen, Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund striker was sentenced to six years in prison last year before the case, which he labelled as a misunderstanding, was resolved days later.