Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
UPDATED: Sporting Lisbon make offer for Al Ahly’s Rami Rabia – Agent
Sporting Clube de Portugal, who will play in next season’s UEFA Champions League, have their eyes on Rami Rabia, the player’s agent revealed.
The player’s agent Ahmed Yehia refused to announce the club’s name, but confirmed that Rabia would not only play in Portugal, but also in the UEFA Champions League.
Benfica and Sporting Lisbon both qualified to the Champions League next season after ending the league in the first two positions, while Porto will be in the qualifying play-offs.
“Rami Rabia is needed for one of the top clubs in Portugal,” Yehia told El Nahar Sport TV channel on Thursday.
“I received the official offer and I will be informing Al Ahly club once the team is back from Tunisia, after playing against Etoile Sportive du Sahel,” he added.
However, AbdulRahman Magdy, who represents Egyptian players in Portugal, revealed on Twitter that the interested club is Sporting Lisbon, who have had an official offer turned down by Al Ahly.
Rabia, who is just 21, plays as a centre-back, defender midfielder or as a right-back.
The Ahly starlet captained the Egyptian U-20 national team in the last Youth World Cup in Turkey, in addition to playing with the senior team in their final World Cup qualifier under Bob Bradley.