Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
UPDATED: Sporting Lisbon make offer for Al Ahly’s Rami Rabia – Agent
Sporting Clube de Portugal, who will play in next season’s UEFA Champions League, have their eyes on Rami Rabia, the player’s agent revealed.
Al Ahly’s young defender Rami Rabia may join Shikabala at Sporting Lisbon this summer after the player’s agent revealed one of Portugal’s Champions League-bound clubs were interested in his services.
The player’s agent Ahmed Yehia refused to announce the club’s name, but confirmed that Rabia would not only play in Portugal, but also in the UEFA Champions League.
Benfica and Sporting Lisbon both qualified to the Champions League next season after ending the league in the first two positions, while Porto will be in the qualifying play-offs.
“Rami Rabia is needed for one of the top clubs in Portugal,” Yehia told El Nahar Sport TV channel on Thursday.
“I received the official offer and I will be informing Al Ahly club once the team is back from Tunisia, after playing against Etoile Sportive du Sahel,” he added.
However, AbdulRahman Magdy, who represents Egyptian players in Portugal, revealed on Twitter that the interested club is Sporting Lisbon, who have had an official offer turned down by Al Ahly.
Rabia, who is just 21, plays as a centre-back, defender midfielder or as a right-back.
The Ahly starlet captained the Egyptian U-20 national team in the last Youth World Cup in Turkey, in addition to playing with the senior team in their final World Cup qualifier under Bob Bradley.