ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
UPDATED: Sporting Lisbon make offer for Al Ahly’s Rami Rabia – Agent
Sporting Clube de Portugal, who will play in next season’s UEFA Champions League, have their eyes on Rami Rabia, the player’s agent revealed.
The player’s agent Ahmed Yehia refused to announce the club’s name, but confirmed that Rabia would not only play in Portugal, but also in the UEFA Champions League.
Benfica and Sporting Lisbon both qualified to the Champions League next season after ending the league in the first two positions, while Porto will be in the qualifying play-offs.
“Rami Rabia is needed for one of the top clubs in Portugal,” Yehia told El Nahar Sport TV channel on Thursday.
“I received the official offer and I will be informing Al Ahly club once the team is back from Tunisia, after playing against Etoile Sportive du Sahel,” he added.
However, AbdulRahman Magdy, who represents Egyptian players in Portugal, revealed on Twitter that the interested club is Sporting Lisbon, who have had an official offer turned down by Al Ahly.
Rabia, who is just 21, plays as a centre-back, defender midfielder or as a right-back.
The Ahly starlet captained the Egyptian U-20 national team in the last Youth World Cup in Turkey, in addition to playing with the senior team in their final World Cup qualifier under Bob Bradley.