Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
VIDEO: Egypt U-20s reach final round of African qualifiers with win over Sudan
Egypt U-20s reached the final round of African Championship qualification after the Young Pharaohs were victorious in the second leg against Sudan at the Alexandria Stadium, in a match that ended 2-0.
The Young Pharaohs defeated Sudan 5-0 on aggregate, after winning the second leg 2-0 in Alexandria on Saturday to reach the final round of 2015 African U-20 Championship qualifying.
Egypt’s two goals were scored by Abdallah Gomaa (FC Union Berlin) in the 39th minute and Ahmed Hassan (Lierse SK) in the 42nd minute.
In the first leg, Egypt eased to a 3-0 win thanks to goals from Al Ahly duo Karim Walid and Nasser Maher, and Mohamed Magdy.
It’s worth noting that after this win, and despite reaching the next round, coach Alaa Mayhoub has reportedly resigned from his post.
Nevertheless the team have reached the next round of qualifiers and are expected to face either Congo or Benin for a spot in the 2015 African U-20 Championship.