Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Egypt U-20s reach final round of African qualifiers with win over Sudan
Egypt U-20s reached the final round of African Championship qualification after the Young Pharaohs were victorious in the second leg against Sudan at the Alexandria Stadium, in a match that ended 2-0.
The Young Pharaohs defeated Sudan 5-0 on aggregate, after winning the second leg 2-0 in Alexandria on Saturday to reach the final round of 2015 African U-20 Championship qualifying.
Egypt’s two goals were scored by Abdallah Gomaa (FC Union Berlin) in the 39th minute and Ahmed Hassan (Lierse SK) in the 42nd minute.
In the first leg, Egypt eased to a 3-0 win thanks to goals from Al Ahly duo Karim Walid and Nasser Maher, and Mohamed Magdy.
It’s worth noting that after this win, and despite reaching the next round, coach Alaa Mayhoub has reportedly resigned from his post.
Nevertheless the team have reached the next round of qualifiers and are expected to face either Congo or Benin for a spot in the 2015 African U-20 Championship.