Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
VIDEO: Egypt U-20s reach final round of African qualifiers with win over Sudan
Egypt U-20s reached the final round of African Championship qualification after the Young Pharaohs were victorious in the second leg against Sudan at the Alexandria Stadium, in a match that ended 2-0.
The Young Pharaohs defeated Sudan 5-0 on aggregate, after winning the second leg 2-0 in Alexandria on Saturday to reach the final round of 2015 African U-20 Championship qualifying.
Egypt’s two goals were scored by Abdallah Gomaa (FC Union Berlin) in the 39th minute and Ahmed Hassan (Lierse SK) in the 42nd minute.
In the first leg, Egypt eased to a 3-0 win thanks to goals from Al Ahly duo Karim Walid and Nasser Maher, and Mohamed Magdy.
It’s worth noting that after this win, and despite reaching the next round, coach Alaa Mayhoub has reportedly resigned from his post.
Nevertheless the team have reached the next round of qualifiers and are expected to face either Congo or Benin for a spot in the 2015 African U-20 Championship.