Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
VIDEO: Egypt U-20s reach final round of African qualifiers with win over Sudan
Egypt U-20s reached the final round of African Championship qualification after the Young Pharaohs were victorious in the second leg against Sudan at the Alexandria Stadium, in a match that ended 2-0.
The Young Pharaohs defeated Sudan 5-0 on aggregate, after winning the second leg 2-0 in Alexandria on Saturday to reach the final round of 2015 African U-20 Championship qualifying.
Egypt’s two goals were scored by Abdallah Gomaa (FC Union Berlin) in the 39th minute and Ahmed Hassan (Lierse SK) in the 42nd minute.
In the first leg, Egypt eased to a 3-0 win thanks to goals from Al Ahly duo Karim Walid and Nasser Maher, and Mohamed Magdy.
It’s worth noting that after this win, and despite reaching the next round, coach Alaa Mayhoub has reportedly resigned from his post.
Nevertheless the team have reached the next round of qualifiers and are expected to face either Congo or Benin for a spot in the 2015 African U-20 Championship.