AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Al Ahly play out a draw in Sousse against Etoile du Sahel
Amr Gamal equalised for the Red Devils after Fathi Mabrouk’s men went behind when Baghdad Bounedjah opened the scoring for the hosts.
Etoile du Sahel XI: Aymen Ben Ayoub; Marouane Tej, Hamdi Nagguez, Radhouene Felhi, Saif Ghezal; Alaya Brigui, Ghazi Abderrazak, Franck Kom, Mohamed Slama; Youssef Mouihbi, Baghdad Bounedjah.
Al Ahly XI: Sherif Ekramy; Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Naguib, Saad Samir, Ahmed Shedid; Rami Rabia, Hossam Ashour, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’; Moussa Yedan, Gedo, Amr Gamal.
Seven minutes in and Etoile were already showing their strength when a stinging shot went wide of the post.
Al Ahly responded quickly when Shedid’s perfectly weighted cross found Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ but the Egyptian international’s header went inches wide.
Gedo was soon replaced by Ahmed Shokry after the former seemed to have picked up a knock, subsequently changing Al Ahly’s formation to a 4-2-3-1.
Etoile soon put themselves ahead when Baghdad Bounedjah was left unmarked, finding himself in a one-on-one position before guiding the ball into the net.
Youssef Mouihbi almost gave the Tunisians a two goal lead when he was left unmarked before heading over the bar.
The Red Devils equalised soon after when Ahmed Shokry slotted the ball through to Amr Gamal who finished past Aymen Ben Ayoub.
Mayhem in the penalty box almost resulted in the Diables Rouges taking the lead, but Rami Rabia cleared the ball away from danger.
Danger man Bounedjah was close to making it 2-1 when his header slammed against the bar, much to relief of Sherif Ekramy.
Bounedjah was once again at the centre of trouble when he pulled the ball on the edge of the penalty box to Youssef Mouihbi whose shot went over the bar.
With this draw, the Red Devils maitain their place at the top of the group on four points while Etoile find themselves on two points.