Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Shikabala: I believe I will be in Sporting’s starting XI next season
The Egyptian international has returned to Cairo and gave a positive assessment of his first four months at the Lisbon club, while expressing his wishes over being a more integral part of the squad next season.
“It’s been a good professional experience, I have big ambitions and I will try to impose myself next season. I believe I will be in the starting XI next season,” assured Shikabala to Portuguese newspaper Record.
The playmaker only played 17 minutes for the main squad this season, in the last game against Estoril, but his individual actions and movements excited the supporters and earned cheers from the crowd, which incentives Shikabala to continue developing at Sporting.
Shikabala’s return to the Egyptian capital was driven by his desire to watch his former club Zamalek take on Sudan’s Al Hilal Omdurman in the CAF Champions League.
“I had a ticket for the UEFA Champions League final, but I decided to come back to Cairo to support Zamalek and Mido in this important game.”