Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Shikabala: I believe I will be in Sporting’s starting XI next season
The Egyptian international has returned to Cairo and gave a positive assessment of his first four months at the Lisbon club, while expressing his wishes over being a more integral part of the squad next season.
“It’s been a good professional experience, I have big ambitions and I will try to impose myself next season. I believe I will be in the starting XI next season,” assured Shikabala to Portuguese newspaper Record.
The playmaker only played 17 minutes for the main squad this season, in the last game against Estoril, but his individual actions and movements excited the supporters and earned cheers from the crowd, which incentives Shikabala to continue developing at Sporting.
Shikabala’s return to the Egyptian capital was driven by his desire to watch his former club Zamalek take on Sudan’s Al Hilal Omdurman in the CAF Champions League.
“I had a ticket for the UEFA Champions League final, but I decided to come back to Cairo to support Zamalek and Mido in this important game.”