Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Shikabala: I believe I will be in Sporting’s starting XI next season
The Egyptian international has returned to Cairo and gave a positive assessment of his first four months at the Lisbon club, while expressing his wishes over being a more integral part of the squad next season.
“It’s been a good professional experience, I have big ambitions and I will try to impose myself next season. I believe I will be in the starting XI next season,” assured Shikabala to Portuguese newspaper Record.
The playmaker only played 17 minutes for the main squad this season, in the last game against Estoril, but his individual actions and movements excited the supporters and earned cheers from the crowd, which incentives Shikabala to continue developing at Sporting.
Shikabala’s return to the Egyptian capital was driven by his desire to watch his former club Zamalek take on Sudan’s Al Hilal Omdurman in the CAF Champions League.
“I had a ticket for the UEFA Champions League final, but I decided to come back to Cairo to support Zamalek and Mido in this important game.”