Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Shikabala: I believe I will be in Sporting’s starting XI next season
The Egyptian international has returned to Cairo and gave a positive assessment of his first four months at the Lisbon club, while expressing his wishes over being a more integral part of the squad next season.
“It’s been a good professional experience, I have big ambitions and I will try to impose myself next season. I believe I will be in the starting XI next season,” assured Shikabala to Portuguese newspaper Record.
The playmaker only played 17 minutes for the main squad this season, in the last game against Estoril, but his individual actions and movements excited the supporters and earned cheers from the crowd, which incentives Shikabala to continue developing at Sporting.
Shikabala’s return to the Egyptian capital was driven by his desire to watch his former club Zamalek take on Sudan’s Al Hilal Omdurman in the CAF Champions League.
“I had a ticket for the UEFA Champions League final, but I decided to come back to Cairo to support Zamalek and Mido in this important game.”