The goal-line referees was tested for the first time in Egypt during...
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Cuper: Qualifying to the World Cup was always our number one goal
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
Fathi Mabrouk: I would like to continue with Al Ahly
Al Ahly’s interim coach Fathi Mabrouk said that he would like continue leading the Red Devils, while also saying that he respects the board’s decision if they bring in a foreign coach.
Mabrouk was appointed as interim coach after the resignation of Mohamed Youssef and his staff after a string of poor results.
After the team’s match against Etoile du Sahel in the CAF Confederation Cup on Sunday evening, Mabrouk said that he will be willing to continue if the board wants him to do so.
“Of course I’ve heard about the search for a new coach,” said Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk.
“I think Al Ahly’s board of directors have all right to do.
“If the board wants me to continue in my position I will not hesitate to accept it.
“However, if they don’t want me to continue I’ll respect their decision,” he added.
Mabrouk concluded his words by saying that he personally aims to be appointed on a permanent basis to try and achieve the CAF Confederation Cup, which is the only African club competition Egyptian sides have not won.
“Personally I would like to continue with the team,” Mabrouk said.
“I want to achieve something that was never achieved before which is the CAF Confederation Cup,” he concluded.