Mohamed Elneny took park in the “Impossible Behind The Goal Shot” challenge...
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
Fathi Mabrouk: I would like to continue with Al Ahly
Mabrouk was appointed as interim coach after the resignation of Mohamed Youssef and his staff after a string of poor results.
After the team’s match against Etoile du Sahel in the CAF Confederation Cup on Sunday evening, Mabrouk said that he will be willing to continue if the board wants him to do so.
“Of course I’ve heard about the search for a new coach,” said Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk.
“I think Al Ahly’s board of directors have all right to do.
“If the board wants me to continue in my position I will not hesitate to accept it.
“However, if they don’t want me to continue I’ll respect their decision,” he added.
Mabrouk concluded his words by saying that he personally aims to be appointed on a permanent basis to try and achieve the CAF Confederation Cup, which is the only African club competition Egyptian sides have not won.
“Personally I would like to continue with the team,” Mabrouk said.
“I want to achieve something that was never achieved before which is the CAF Confederation Cup,” he concluded.