Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Fathi Mabrouk: I would like to continue with Al Ahly
Mabrouk was appointed as interim coach after the resignation of Mohamed Youssef and his staff after a string of poor results.
After the team’s match against Etoile du Sahel in the CAF Confederation Cup on Sunday evening, Mabrouk said that he will be willing to continue if the board wants him to do so.
“Of course I’ve heard about the search for a new coach,” said Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk.
“I think Al Ahly’s board of directors have all right to do.
“If the board wants me to continue in my position I will not hesitate to accept it.
“However, if they don’t want me to continue I’ll respect their decision,” he added.
Mabrouk concluded his words by saying that he personally aims to be appointed on a permanent basis to try and achieve the CAF Confederation Cup, which is the only African club competition Egyptian sides have not won.
“Personally I would like to continue with the team,” Mabrouk said.
“I want to achieve something that was never achieved before which is the CAF Confederation Cup,” he concluded.