Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Fathi Mabrouk: I would like to continue with Al Ahly
Al Ahly’s interim coach Fathi Mabrouk said that he would like continue leading the Red Devils, while also saying that he respects the board’s decision if they bring in a foreign coach.
Mabrouk was appointed as interim coach after the resignation of Mohamed Youssef and his staff after a string of poor results.
After the team’s match against Etoile du Sahel in the CAF Confederation Cup on Sunday evening, Mabrouk said that he will be willing to continue if the board wants him to do so.
“Of course I’ve heard about the search for a new coach,” said Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk.
“I think Al Ahly’s board of directors have all right to do.
“If the board wants me to continue in my position I will not hesitate to accept it.
“However, if they don’t want me to continue I’ll respect their decision,” he added.
Mabrouk concluded his words by saying that he personally aims to be appointed on a permanent basis to try and achieve the CAF Confederation Cup, which is the only African club competition Egyptian sides have not won.
“Personally I would like to continue with the team,” Mabrouk said.
“I want to achieve something that was never achieved before which is the CAF Confederation Cup,” he concluded.