Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Fathi Mabrouk: I would like to continue with Al Ahly
Mabrouk was appointed as interim coach after the resignation of Mohamed Youssef and his staff after a string of poor results.
After the team’s match against Etoile du Sahel in the CAF Confederation Cup on Sunday evening, Mabrouk said that he will be willing to continue if the board wants him to do so.
“Of course I’ve heard about the search for a new coach,” said Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk.
“I think Al Ahly’s board of directors have all right to do.
“If the board wants me to continue in my position I will not hesitate to accept it.
“However, if they don’t want me to continue I’ll respect their decision,” he added.
Mabrouk concluded his words by saying that he personally aims to be appointed on a permanent basis to try and achieve the CAF Confederation Cup, which is the only African club competition Egyptian sides have not won.
“Personally I would like to continue with the team,” Mabrouk said.
“I want to achieve something that was never achieved before which is the CAF Confederation Cup,” he concluded.