Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Egyptian legend Wael Gomaa officially hangs up his boots
Legendary Al Ahly defender Wael Gomaa officially announced his retirement from football after Al Ahly’s 1-1 draw against Etoile du Sahel in Sousse.
The legendary defender had previously agreed with Alaa Abdelsadek, Al Ahly’s football director, that the Etoile du Sahel game will be his last ever game in a red shirt.
Gomaa joined the African giants in 2001, and during his 13 years journey with Al Ahly, Gomaa has managed to lead the Red Devils to win 26 titles including seven Egyptian Premier Leagues, six CAF Champions Leagues, and a third-placed finish in the 2006 Club World Cup.
Nicknamed ‘The Rock’ by the Egyptian media and Al Ahly fans, Gomaa also played a major role in the Egyptian national team’s African Cup of Nations triumphs in 2006, 2008, and 2010.
The centre-back is set to travel to Brazil in order to start a career in punditry with an unnamed channel with future hopes of getting into coaching.