Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Egyptian legend Wael Gomaa officially hangs up his boots
Legendary Al Ahly defender Wael Gomaa officially announced his retirement from football after Al Ahly’s 1-1 draw against Etoile du Sahel in Sousse.
The legendary defender had previously agreed with Alaa Abdelsadek, Al Ahly’s football director, that the Etoile du Sahel game will be his last ever game in a red shirt.
Gomaa joined the African giants in 2001, and during his 13 years journey with Al Ahly, Gomaa has managed to lead the Red Devils to win 26 titles including seven Egyptian Premier Leagues, six CAF Champions Leagues, and a third-placed finish in the 2006 Club World Cup.
Nicknamed ‘The Rock’ by the Egyptian media and Al Ahly fans, Gomaa also played a major role in the Egyptian national team’s African Cup of Nations triumphs in 2006, 2008, and 2010.
The centre-back is set to travel to Brazil in order to start a career in punditry with an unnamed channel with future hopes of getting into coaching.