Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Egyptian legend Wael Gomaa officially hangs up his boots
Legendary Al Ahly defender Wael Gomaa officially announced his retirement from football after Al Ahly’s 1-1 draw against Etoile du Sahel in Sousse.
The legendary defender had previously agreed with Alaa Abdelsadek, Al Ahly’s football director, that the Etoile du Sahel game will be his last ever game in a red shirt.
Gomaa joined the African giants in 2001, and during his 13 years journey with Al Ahly, Gomaa has managed to lead the Red Devils to win 26 titles including seven Egyptian Premier Leagues, six CAF Champions Leagues, and a third-placed finish in the 2006 Club World Cup.
Nicknamed ‘The Rock’ by the Egyptian media and Al Ahly fans, Gomaa also played a major role in the Egyptian national team’s African Cup of Nations triumphs in 2006, 2008, and 2010.
The centre-back is set to travel to Brazil in order to start a career in punditry with an unnamed channel with future hopes of getting into coaching.