Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
Maccabi Tel Aviv coach Paulo Sousa replaces Murat Yakin at FC Basel
The Swiss champions announced that former Maccabi Tel Aviv coach Paulo Sousa will be taking up Murat Yakin’s vacant position as FC Basel head coach, where he will be presented to the media on the second of June.
Murat Yakin, who led FC Basel to winning the Swiss Super League twice, the cup once, and their first-ever Europa league semi-final appearance back in 2013, had announced at the end of the season that he will be leaving FC Basel.
Sousa led his Tel Aviv-based side to retaining their domestic league title as well as reaching the Europa League’s round of 16 before being knocked out by FC Basel.
The Portuguese coach also previously managed English teams Swansea City, Queens Park Rangers and Leicester City.
Mohamed El-Nenny could be leaving FC Basel next season as he is reportedly being followed by English Premier League side West Ham United.
However, El-Nenny recently mentioned in an television interview that he would prefer to stay at Basel until at least next January, but the amount of playing time the Egyptian will receive under his new coach could prove to be the deciding factor.
FC Basel have already secured a position in the 2014/2015 UEFA Champions League’s group stages due to a spot opening up as the current champions, Real Madrid, have already qualified after finishing third in La Liga.