Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
Maccabi Tel Aviv coach Paulo Sousa replaces Murat Yakin at FC Basel
The Swiss champions announced that former Maccabi Tel Aviv coach Paulo Sousa will be taking up Murat Yakin’s vacant position as FC Basel head coach, where he will be presented to the media on the second of June.
Murat Yakin, who led FC Basel to winning the Swiss Super League twice, the cup once, and their first-ever Europa league semi-final appearance back in 2013, had announced at the end of the season that he will be leaving FC Basel.
Sousa led his Tel Aviv-based side to retaining their domestic league title as well as reaching the Europa League’s round of 16 before being knocked out by FC Basel.
The Portuguese coach also previously managed English teams Swansea City, Queens Park Rangers and Leicester City.
Mohamed El-Nenny could be leaving FC Basel next season as he is reportedly being followed by English Premier League side West Ham United.
However, El-Nenny recently mentioned in an television interview that he would prefer to stay at Basel until at least next January, but the amount of playing time the Egyptian will receive under his new coach could prove to be the deciding factor.
FC Basel have already secured a position in the 2014/2015 UEFA Champions League’s group stages due to a spot opening up as the current champions, Real Madrid, have already qualified after finishing third in La Liga.