Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Chile vs Egypt: Statistical Preview
KingFut.com partners EgyptStats, who have helped compile a list of statistics about the two sides’ previous meetings, and individual player stats to help jump-start the enthusiasm of the supporters before the late kick-off, which is due 3:30 AM Egypt time on Saturday.
2 – Chile have scored only 2 goals against Egypt in the past three meetings.
3 – Egypt have met Chile only 4 times in history: 3 friendlies and once in the Olympic games, winning 3 and losing one.
4 – This will be the fourth friendly match between the two teams. Egypt aim to achieve their third win after scoring 9 goals in their previous meetings.
6 – The biggest result between the two sides was on the 13th of November 1963 when Egypt have crushed Chile 6-0 in Friendly Games of GANEFO in Indonesia, the scorers were: Badawi Abdel Fattah, Shahin (2), Helmi Soliman (2) and finally Abdou Noshi!
10 – 21-year-old Mohamed Salah only needs two more goals to be one of the top 10 scorers with the Egypt national team in history (Mido & Gedo both 19).
100 – In Egypt’s squad, there are 3 players with +100 caps: Essam El-Hadary, Ahmed Fathi and Hosni Abd-Rabo.
1989 – Few of us remember when we have beaten Chile 2-0 on 3 Jun 1989, Gamal Abdel-Hamid & Hesham Abdel-Rasoul scored the both goals.
2013 – However, the last match between the two teams ended in a 2-1 win for Chile on 6 Feb 2013, Mohamed Salah scored Egypt’s only goal (assisted by Omar Gaber from a clear-cut chance).
Follow @Egyptstats on Twitter for Egyptian football facts & statistics.