Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Chile vs Egypt: Statistical Preview
Egypt are set to go head-to-head with Chile at 00:30 AM GMT (3:30 AM Egypt time) in Santiago in preparation for the South Americans’ World Cup campaign in Brazil, which kicks-off in a fortnight.
KingFut.com partners EgyptStats, who have helped compile a list of statistics about the two sides’ previous meetings, and individual player stats to help jump-start the enthusiasm of the supporters before the late kick-off, which is due 3:30 AM Egypt time on Saturday.
2 – Chile have scored only 2 goals against Egypt in the past three meetings.
3 – Egypt have met Chile only 4 times in history: 3 friendlies and once in the Olympic games, winning 3 and losing one.
4 – This will be the fourth friendly match between the two teams. Egypt aim to achieve their third win after scoring 9 goals in their previous meetings.
6 – The biggest result between the two sides was on the 13th of November 1963 when Egypt have crushed Chile 6-0 in Friendly Games of GANEFO in Indonesia, the scorers were: Badawi Abdel Fattah, Shahin (2), Helmi Soliman (2) and finally Abdou Noshi!
100 – In Egypt’s squad, there are 3 players with +100 caps: Essam El-Hadary, Ahmed Fathi and Hosni Abd-Rabo.
1989 – Few of us remember when we have beaten Chile 2-0 on 3 Jun 1989, Gamal Abdel-Hamid & Hesham Abdel-Rasoul scored the both goals.
2013 – However, the last match between the two teams ended in a 2-1 win for Chile on 6 Feb 2013, Mohamed Salah scored Egypt’s only goal (assisted by Omar Gaber from a clear-cut chance).
Follow @Egyptstats on Twitter for Egyptian football facts & statistics.