Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Sporting Lisbon improve offer for Rami Rabia
It was reported last week that Sporting Lisbon had placed a formal bid for Al Ahly defender Rami Rabia, but the current holders of the CAF Champions League rejected the offer, reported at 250 thousand Euros.
According to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, Sporting have increased the value to 350 thousand Euros for the 21-year-old. However, it is likely that Al Ahly will once again decline the offer, as they are seeking to obtain around 1.5 million Euros from the selling of the player.
Rabia has been a figure in the Al Ahly squad for a few seasons and has not just been capped, but has also scored for the senior Pharaohs squad.
Sporting Lisbon will take part in the UEFA Champions League for the first time since the 2008-2009 season, after finishing in second place in the Liga Zon Sagres.