Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Sporting Lisbon improve offer for Rami Rabia
It was reported last week that Sporting Lisbon had placed a formal bid for Al Ahly defender Rami Rabia, but the current holders of the CAF Champions League rejected the offer, reported at 250 thousand Euros.
According to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, Sporting have increased the value to 350 thousand Euros for the 21-year-old. However, it is likely that Al Ahly will once again decline the offer, as they are seeking to obtain around 1.5 million Euros from the selling of the player.
Rabia has been a figure in the Al Ahly squad for a few seasons and has not just been capped, but has also scored for the senior Pharaohs squad.
Sporting Lisbon will take part in the UEFA Champions League for the first time since the 2008-2009 season, after finishing in second place in the Liga Zon Sagres.