Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Sporting Lisbon improve offer for Rami Rabia
It was reported last week that Sporting Lisbon had placed a formal bid for Al Ahly defender Rami Rabia, but the current holders of the CAF Champions League rejected the offer, reported at 250 thousand Euros.
According to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, Sporting have increased the value to 350 thousand Euros for the 21-year-old. However, it is likely that Al Ahly will once again decline the offer, as they are seeking to obtain around 1.5 million Euros from the selling of the player.
Rabia has been a figure in the Al Ahly squad for a few seasons and has not just been capped, but has also scored for the senior Pharaohs squad.
Sporting Lisbon will take part in the UEFA Champions League for the first time since the 2008-2009 season, after finishing in second place in the Liga Zon Sagres.