Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Cameroon announce 23-man World Cup squad
The Indomitable Lions will look to make it to the knockout stages for the first time since the 1990 where they made it to the quarter-finals. Head coach Volker Finke will head to Brazil with his team as underdogs and hope to come out of Group A where they will face Mexico, Croatia and hosts Brazil.
Goalkeepers: Charles Itandje (Konyaspor), Sammy Ndjock (Fetihespor), Loic Feudjou (Coton Sport)
Defenders: Allan Nyom (Granada), Dany Nounkeu (Besiktas), Cedric Djeugoue (Coton Sport), Aurelien Chedjou (Galatasaray), Nicolas Nkoulou (Marsiglia), Henri Bedimo (Lione), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (Tottenham Hotspur)
Midfielders: Eyong Enoh (Antalyaspor), Jean Makoun (Rennes), Joel Matip (Schalke), Stephane Mbia (Siviglia), Landry Nguemo (Bordeaux), Alex Song (Barcelona), Edgar Sally (Lens), Benjamin Moukandjo (Nancy)
Strikers: Samuel Eto’o (Chelsea), Eric Choupo Moting (Mainz), Vincent Aboubakar (Lorient), Achille Webo (Fenerbahce), Fabrice Olinga (Zulte-Waregem)
The Indomitable Lions will rely on Samuel Eto’o up top for goals, with young but yet proven center-backs Nicolas N’Koulou and Joel Matip to help on defense, Alex Song will help tying up everything in the midfield.
Cameroon might not have the star power as African counterparts Ghana and Cote d’ivoire but will rely on physicality and fitness as shown in yesterdays 2-2 draw against World Cup favorite Germany.
Volker Finke will have just over 10 days to make some final tweaks before facing Mexico on June 13th for their first World Cup game.