Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Cameroon announce 23-man World Cup squad
The Indomitable Lions will look to make it to the knockout stages for the first time since the 1990 where they made it to the quarter-finals. Head coach Volker Finke will head to Brazil with his team as underdogs and hope to come out of Group A where they will face Mexico, Croatia and hosts Brazil.
Goalkeepers: Charles Itandje (Konyaspor), Sammy Ndjock (Fetihespor), Loic Feudjou (Coton Sport)
Defenders: Allan Nyom (Granada), Dany Nounkeu (Besiktas), Cedric Djeugoue (Coton Sport), Aurelien Chedjou (Galatasaray), Nicolas Nkoulou (Marsiglia), Henri Bedimo (Lione), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (Tottenham Hotspur)
Midfielders: Eyong Enoh (Antalyaspor), Jean Makoun (Rennes), Joel Matip (Schalke), Stephane Mbia (Siviglia), Landry Nguemo (Bordeaux), Alex Song (Barcelona), Edgar Sally (Lens), Benjamin Moukandjo (Nancy)
Strikers: Samuel Eto’o (Chelsea), Eric Choupo Moting (Mainz), Vincent Aboubakar (Lorient), Achille Webo (Fenerbahce), Fabrice Olinga (Zulte-Waregem)
The Indomitable Lions will rely on Samuel Eto’o up top for goals, with young but yet proven center-backs Nicolas N’Koulou and Joel Matip to help on defense, Alex Song will help tying up everything in the midfield.
Cameroon might not have the star power as African counterparts Ghana and Cote d’ivoire but will rely on physicality and fitness as shown in yesterdays 2-2 draw against World Cup favorite Germany.
Volker Finke will have just over 10 days to make some final tweaks before facing Mexico on June 13th for their first World Cup game.