Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Mido agrees to Ibrahim Said medical
Though the young coach seemed sceptical at first, after refusing to comment on the subject when asked about it yesterday, Mido has opted to agree to sign the 34-year-old defender, if he is deemed physically fit.
“I agreed with Mortada Mansour, that he [Ibrahim Said] will train with the team after our match against Mazembe,” Mido told FilGoal.
“Of course, Said doesn’t need a trial. His joining of the team depends only on his physical fitness,” he added.
Said, on the other hand, was fairly confident of this move, telling YallaKora: “I only need a short period to regain fitness, and then I’ll be the best defender in Egypt again,” said the former Everton player.
“I have been training regularly, on a daily basis with Misr El-Maqassa under Tarek Yehia,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Mido previously commented on Mortada Mansour’s constant involvement in Zamalek’s footballing matters: “I only asked for five signings from Mortada Mansour, and Mortada can sign whoever he wants.”