Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Mido agrees to Ibrahim Said medical
Though the young coach seemed sceptical at first, after refusing to comment on the subject when asked about it yesterday, Mido has opted to agree to sign the 34-year-old defender, if he is deemed physically fit.
“I agreed with Mortada Mansour, that he [Ibrahim Said] will train with the team after our match against Mazembe,” Mido told FilGoal.
“Of course, Said doesn’t need a trial. His joining of the team depends only on his physical fitness,” he added.
Said, on the other hand, was fairly confident of this move, telling YallaKora: “I only need a short period to regain fitness, and then I’ll be the best defender in Egypt again,” said the former Everton player.
“I have been training regularly, on a daily basis with Misr El-Maqassa under Tarek Yehia,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Mido previously commented on Mortada Mansour’s constant involvement in Zamalek’s footballing matters: “I only asked for five signings from Mortada Mansour, and Mortada can sign whoever he wants.”