KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Mido agrees to Ibrahim Said medical
Though the young coach seemed sceptical at first, after refusing to comment on the subject when asked about it yesterday, Mido has opted to agree to sign the 34-year-old defender, if he is deemed physically fit.
“I agreed with Mortada Mansour, that he [Ibrahim Said] will train with the team after our match against Mazembe,” Mido told FilGoal.
“Of course, Said doesn’t need a trial. His joining of the team depends only on his physical fitness,” he added.
Said, on the other hand, was fairly confident of this move, telling YallaKora: “I only need a short period to regain fitness, and then I’ll be the best defender in Egypt again,” said the former Everton player.
“I have been training regularly, on a daily basis with Misr El-Maqassa under Tarek Yehia,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Mido previously commented on Mortada Mansour’s constant involvement in Zamalek’s footballing matters: “I only asked for five signings from Mortada Mansour, and Mortada can sign whoever he wants.”