The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Mido agrees to Ibrahim Said medical
Though the young coach seemed sceptical at first, after refusing to comment on the subject when asked about it yesterday, Mido has opted to agree to sign the 34-year-old defender, if he is deemed physically fit.
“I agreed with Mortada Mansour, that he [Ibrahim Said] will train with the team after our match against Mazembe,” Mido told FilGoal.
“Of course, Said doesn’t need a trial. His joining of the team depends only on his physical fitness,” he added.
Said, on the other hand, was fairly confident of this move, telling YallaKora: “I only need a short period to regain fitness, and then I’ll be the best defender in Egypt again,” said the former Everton player.
“I have been training regularly, on a daily basis with Misr El-Maqassa under Tarek Yehia,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Mido previously commented on Mortada Mansour’s constant involvement in Zamalek’s footballing matters: “I only asked for five signings from Mortada Mansour, and Mortada can sign whoever he wants.”