Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Egypt tumble in June’s FIFA World Rankings
The June edition of the FIFA World Rankings were released with Egypt falling a huge 12 places thanks to two poor results this month against Chile and Jamaica.
Egypt’s 3-2 defeat to Chile epitomizes how Egypt’s FIFA World Rankings have been doing over the past couple of months.
The Pharaohs were starting to rise again and last month reached a three-year high of 24th, but just like our defence against Chile after leading 2-0, we self destructed dropping 12 places to 36th.
In addition, a 2-2 draw with 81st placed Jamaica wouldn’t help the rankings in our favour.
However, at third place we remained unchanged in Africa, with Sierra Leone making the biggest move, 17 places into 9th place and Algeria managed to leapfrog Cote d’Ivorie into first place.
34. Czech Republic
39. Cape Verde Islands
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Algeria – 22
3. Ivory Coast – 23
3. Egypt – 36
4. Ghana – 37
5. Cape Verde Islands – 39
6. Nigeria – 44
7. Tunisia – 48
8. Guinea – 52
9. Sierra Leone – 54
10. Cameroon – 56