Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Egypt tumble in June’s FIFA World Rankings
Egypt’s 3-2 defeat to Chile epitomizes how Egypt’s FIFA World Rankings have been doing over the past couple of months.
The Pharaohs were starting to rise again and last month reached a three-year high of 24th, but just like our defence against Chile after leading 2-0, we self destructed dropping 12 places to 36th.
In addition, a 2-2 draw with 81st placed Jamaica wouldn’t help the rankings in our favour.
However, at third place we remained unchanged in Africa, with Sierra Leone making the biggest move, 17 places into 9th place and Algeria managed to leapfrog Cote d’Ivorie into first place.
34. Czech Republic
39. Cape Verde Islands
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Algeria – 22
3. Ivory Coast – 23
3. Egypt – 36
4. Ghana – 37
5. Cape Verde Islands – 39
6. Nigeria – 44
7. Tunisia – 48
8. Guinea – 52
9. Sierra Leone – 54
10. Cameroon – 56