Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Egypt tumble in June’s FIFA World Rankings
The June edition of the FIFA World Rankings were released with Egypt falling a huge 12 places thanks to two poor results this month against Chile and Jamaica.
Egypt’s 3-2 defeat to Chile epitomizes how Egypt’s FIFA World Rankings have been doing over the past couple of months.
The Pharaohs were starting to rise again and last month reached a three-year high of 24th, but just like our defence against Chile after leading 2-0, we self destructed dropping 12 places to 36th.
In addition, a 2-2 draw with 81st placed Jamaica wouldn’t help the rankings in our favour.
However, at third place we remained unchanged in Africa, with Sierra Leone making the biggest move, 17 places into 9th place and Algeria managed to leapfrog Cote d’Ivorie into first place.
34. Czech Republic
39. Cape Verde Islands
AFRICA’S TOP TEN
1. Algeria – 22
3. Ivory Coast – 23
3. Egypt – 36
4. Ghana – 37
5. Cape Verde Islands – 39
6. Nigeria – 44
7. Tunisia – 48
8. Guinea – 52
9. Sierra Leone – 54
10. Cameroon – 56