Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Mido: We won’t find better than a fit Amr Zaki, Abdel-Wahed will stay
The former Hull City striker has been without a club since his contract was terminated by Raja Casablanca, and has been out injured since.
“Of course, if Zaki is fit, we won’t find a better striker than him in Egypt.” Mido told radio station Al Shabab wa al Reyada.
However, Mido would prefer to not sign Zaki this summer. In order to wait for the player to regain full fitness.
“I talked with him [Zaki], I told him he first needs to recover from his injury, then I’ll talk to the board about re-signing him,” said the former Ajax striker.
“Zaki needs a full medical check, along with a fitness test on the pitch. Thus the idea of signing him has been delayed for the time being,” he added
Mido also denied rumors that veteran keeper Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed will be retiring at the end of the season saying: “Abdel-Wahed will stay with us next season, he will not retire.”
Concerning Abdel-Wahed, 37, Hossam also referred to age as just a number saying the veteran has been having one of his best ever seasons with the Whites. He also compared Abdel-Wahed to Essam El-Hadary saying that the Whites’ captain can go on to play into his 40’s like just like El-Hadary.
Mido also denied any claims that former Mainz striker Gamal Hamza might be returning to the club.