Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Al Ahly throw away lead at Sewe Sport
Moussa Yedan gave the Red Devils the lead before Koffi Kouamé equalised for the hosts.
The first real chance of the game was for the hosts but Saad Samir cleared the ball off the line.
Sewe Sport were at it again this time a well worked team move disrupted the Al Ahly defence but the finish went over the bar.
The Red Devils gradually became more dangerous, Amr Gamal linked up well with Ahmed Shoulry but the Ivorian defence cleared the ball before it materialised.
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ then whipped a dangerous cross into the box but Amr Gamal failed to wrap his foot around it.
The Red Devils caused danger again when Amr Gamal rounded the last defender but his finish hit a Sewe Sport defender.
Al Ahly finally broke the deadlock before half time when Moussa Yedan latched onto Trezegeut’s cross and finished past Wilfried Kouyo.
After a cagey start to the second half Koffi Koaumé equalised for Sewe.
The Red Devils could’ve scored another goal when Ahmed Fathi’s cross caused havoc inside the box.
Towards the end of the game, Ahmed Shoukry wasted a perfect chance to win the game but his cross was cleared at the last moment.