Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
VIDEO: Al Ahly throw away lead at Sewe Sport
Al Ahly drew with Sewe Sport in the CAF Confederations Cup on Sunday in Abidjan.
Moussa Yedan gave the Red Devils the lead before Koffi Kouamé equalised for the hosts.
The first real chance of the game was for the hosts but Saad Samir cleared the ball off the line.
Sewe Sport were at it again this time a well worked team move disrupted the Al Ahly defence but the finish went over the bar.
The Red Devils gradually became more dangerous, Amr Gamal linked up well with Ahmed Shoulry but the Ivorian defence cleared the ball before it materialised.
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ then whipped a dangerous cross into the box but Amr Gamal failed to wrap his foot around it.
The Red Devils caused danger again when Amr Gamal rounded the last defender but his finish hit a Sewe Sport defender.
Al Ahly finally broke the deadlock before half time when Moussa Yedan latched onto Trezegeut’s cross and finished past Wilfried Kouyo.
After a cagey start to the second half Koffi Koaumé equalised for Sewe.
The Red Devils could’ve scored another goal when Ahmed Fathi’s cross caused havoc inside the box.
Towards the end of the game, Ahmed Shoukry wasted a perfect chance to win the game but his cross was cleared at the last moment.