KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
VIDEO: Mortada Mansour to fine Zamalek players for actions against Mazembe
In what was a disgraceful show by the referee, hell broke loose at the end of Zamalek’s encounter against TP Mazembe in the CAF Champions League – which they lost 1-0, as Zamalek players ran to attack the referee, headed by Dominique – who was given a yellow card while on the bench before the final whistle.
Several players including Ahmed Tawfiq made inappropriate hand gestures towards the referee, hinting that he was bribed while Hazem Emam went as far as taking off his boot and pointing it towards TP Mazembe’s fans.
Match referee Joseph had a shocker as he made several dubious decisions including giving Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed a yellow card for wasting time, even though Zamalek were losing while the biggest one was ending the match 30 seconds from time after giving just four minutes of added time.
Regarding the referee’s performance, Zamalek manager Mido said: “We gave our warnings before about letting this referee officiate the match.”
“Africa will not go forward this way. Mazembe’s president tried to bribe an Egyptian referee before and the CAF failed to respond.
“We should not be making any excuses but the level of refereeing was there for everyone to see,” Mido concluded.
It is worth noting that Joseph was in charge of a match between Al Ahly and Esperance when he allowed a goal scored by Esperance player Enramo using his arm, which lost Al Ahly the match.