The Egyptian Minister of Youth & Sports has announced that a record-high...
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
VIDEO: Mortada Mansour to fine Zamalek players for actions against Mazembe
In what was a disgraceful show by the referee, hell broke loose at the end of Zamalek’s encounter against TP Mazembe in the CAF Champions League – which they lost 1-0, as Zamalek players ran to attack the referee, headed by Dominique – who was given a yellow card while on the bench before the final whistle.
Several players including Ahmed Tawfiq made inappropriate hand gestures towards the referee, hinting that he was bribed while Hazem Emam went as far as taking off his boot and pointing it towards TP Mazembe’s fans.
Match referee Joseph had a shocker as he made several dubious decisions including giving Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed a yellow card for wasting time, even though Zamalek were losing while the biggest one was ending the match 30 seconds from time after giving just four minutes of added time.
Regarding the referee’s performance, Zamalek manager Mido said: “We gave our warnings before about letting this referee officiate the match.”
“Africa will not go forward this way. Mazembe’s president tried to bribe an Egyptian referee before and the CAF failed to respond.
“We should not be making any excuses but the level of refereeing was there for everyone to see,” Mido concluded.