Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VIDEO: Mortada Mansour to fine Zamalek players for actions against Mazembe
In what was a disgraceful show by the referee, hell broke loose at the end of Zamalek’s encounter against TP Mazembe in the CAF Champions League – which they lost 1-0, as Zamalek players ran to attack the referee, headed by Dominique – who was given a yellow card while on the bench before the final whistle.
Several players including Ahmed Tawfiq made inappropriate hand gestures towards the referee, hinting that he was bribed while Hazem Emam went as far as taking off his boot and pointing it towards TP Mazembe’s fans.
Match referee Joseph had a shocker as he made several dubious decisions including giving Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed a yellow card for wasting time, even though Zamalek were losing while the biggest one was ending the match 30 seconds from time after giving just four minutes of added time.
Regarding the referee’s performance, Zamalek manager Mido said: “We gave our warnings before about letting this referee officiate the match.”
“Africa will not go forward this way. Mazembe’s president tried to bribe an Egyptian referee before and the CAF failed to respond.
“We should not be making any excuses but the level of refereeing was there for everyone to see,” Mido concluded.