Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Abou-Treika in Brazil as beIN Sports World Cup analyst
Former Egyptian international Mohamed Abou-Treika will be a television pundit during the World Cup for beIN Sports.
The 35-year-old announced his retirement after the end of the FIFA Club World Cup last December in Morocco.
Treika, who received an invitation from FIFA to attend the 2014 World Cup opener, accepted the offer from the Qatari channel to analyze the matches, and headed to Brazil on Monday night after long period of negotiations.
It was reported that the group channels first offered Treika the job a few months ago but he refused, before they eventually resumed talks and convinced him to accept the offer.
It is also notable that Al Ahly legend will be alongside Zvonimir Boban, Carlos Dunga and Arsene Wenger for the World Cup opening match analysis between Brazil and Croatia.
UPDATE: beIN Sports have changed the team of pundits for the WC opener, keeping Abou-Treika and Dunga while replacing Boban and Wenger with Hazem Emam and Sami Al-Jaber.