AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Abou-Treika in Brazil as beIN Sports World Cup analyst
Former Egyptian international Mohamed Abou-Treika will be a television pundit during the World Cup for beIN Sports.
The 35-year-old announced his retirement after the end of the FIFA Club World Cup last December in Morocco.
Treika, who received an invitation from FIFA to attend the 2014 World Cup opener, accepted the offer from the Qatari channel to analyze the matches, and headed to Brazil on Monday night after long period of negotiations.
It was reported that the group channels first offered Treika the job a few months ago but he refused, before they eventually resumed talks and convinced him to accept the offer.
It is also notable that Al Ahly legend will be alongside Zvonimir Boban, Carlos Dunga and Arsene Wenger for the World Cup opening match analysis between Brazil and Croatia.
UPDATE: beIN Sports have changed the team of pundits for the WC opener, keeping Abou-Treika and Dunga while replacing Boban and Wenger with Hazem Emam and Sami Al-Jaber.