Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Abou-Treika in Brazil as beIN Sports World Cup analyst
Former Egyptian international Mohamed Abou-Treika will be a television pundit during the World Cup for beIN Sports.
The 35-year-old announced his retirement after the end of the FIFA Club World Cup last December in Morocco.
Treika, who received an invitation from FIFA to attend the 2014 World Cup opener, accepted the offer from the Qatari channel to analyze the matches, and headed to Brazil on Monday night after long period of negotiations.
It was reported that the group channels first offered Treika the job a few months ago but he refused, before they eventually resumed talks and convinced him to accept the offer.
It is also notable that Al Ahly legend will be alongside Zvonimir Boban, Carlos Dunga and Arsene Wenger for the World Cup opening match analysis between Brazil and Croatia.
UPDATE: beIN Sports have changed the team of pundits for the WC opener, keeping Abou-Treika and Dunga while replacing Boban and Wenger with Hazem Emam and Sami Al-Jaber.