Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Abou-Treika in Brazil as beIN Sports World Cup analyst
Former Egyptian international Mohamed Abou-Treika will be a television pundit during the World Cup for beIN Sports.
The 35-year-old announced his retirement after the end of the FIFA Club World Cup last December in Morocco.
Treika, who received an invitation from FIFA to attend the 2014 World Cup opener, accepted the offer from the Qatari channel to analyze the matches, and headed to Brazil on Monday night after long period of negotiations.
It was reported that the group channels first offered Treika the job a few months ago but he refused, before they eventually resumed talks and convinced him to accept the offer.
It is also notable that Al Ahly legend will be alongside Zvonimir Boban, Carlos Dunga and Arsene Wenger for the World Cup opening match analysis between Brazil and Croatia.
UPDATE: beIN Sports have changed the team of pundits for the WC opener, keeping Abou-Treika and Dunga while replacing Boban and Wenger with Hazem Emam and Sami Al-Jaber.