Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Abou-Treika in Brazil as beIN Sports World Cup analyst
Former Egyptian international Mohamed Abou-Treika will be a television pundit during the World Cup for beIN Sports.
Treika, who received an invitation from FIFA to attend the 2014 World Cup opener, accepted the offer from the Qatari channel to analyze the matches, and headed to Brazil on Monday night after long period of negotiations.
It was reported that the group channels first offered Treika the job a few months ago but he refused, before they eventually resumed talks and convinced him to accept the offer.
It is also notable that Al Ahly legend will be alongside Zvonimir Boban, Carlos Dunga and Arsene Wenger for the World Cup opening match analysis between Brazil and Croatia.
UPDATE: beIN Sports have changed the team of pundits for the WC opener, keeping Abou-Treika and Dunga while replacing Boban and Wenger with Hazem Emam and Sami Al-Jaber.