Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Algeria coach Vahid Halilhodzic confident ahead of World Cup
Lots of optimism in the Algerian locker room ahead of the 2014 World Cup, and coach Vahid Halilhodzic believes the team can shock Belgium in their tournament opener.
Algeria Coach Vahid Halilhodzic has shared his optimism with the media concerning his team’s chances in the World Cup.
The Algeria coach expressed his opinion and vision regarding his squad‘s chances, “We’ve had the best preparations possible.”
“We are confident of our capabilities, our presence in Brazil is a dream we are currently living, and I do not rule out the possibility of making a historic achievement for the Algerian football to go to the maximum possible stage in the World Cup,” he continued.
Halilhodzic has plenty of choices in the front line, but there are suggestions that the Desert Foxes have been facing some problems in defense.
However, Algeria defender Liassine Cadamuro is convinced that the team’s defense will not be a cause for concern, “No, our defense is not a cause for concern,” he said.
“It performed against Romania (a 2-1 friendly win last week) we will have more work in training before the start of the World Cup. The two friendlies we have taught us a lot.”
Algeria are going to face one of the most developed national teams in Belgium on June the 17th, and this match is tipped to be one of the best in the group and a real test for both side. “We can shock Belgium,” Halilhodzic said.
The Desert Foxes now hold the first place among African teams in FIFA Rankings, 22nd overall.