Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
FIFA honours Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata
FIFA President Joseph Blatter awarded Hassan Shehata the FIFA Order of Merit during the Opening Ceremony of the 64th FIFA Congress on Tuesday.
During the Opening Ceremony of the 64th FIFA Congress at the Transamerica Expo Center in Sao Paulo on Tuesday, Sepp Blatter awarded Hassan Shehata the FIFA Order of Merit ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The 65-year-old Egyptian football legend was invited by CAF to represent Africa at the distinguished event.
— FIFA.com – عربي (@fifacom_ar) June 10, 2014
The veteran Egyptian coach gained this honour by winning the African Cup of Nations three times in a row (Egypt 2006, Ghana 2008 & Angola 2010), leading Egypt to become the first to achieve that record in Africa, while equalizing the continental records of Argentina (winning Copa América 1945, 1946 & 1947) & Iran (AFC Asian Cup 1968, 1972 & 1976).
‘El Maalem’ (The Teacher) – as he’s often referred to by Egyptian fans – will take charge of Difaa El-Jadida after the World Cup, replacing Algerian coach Abdelhak Benchikha after the club were ousted out of the CAF Confederations Cup by Al Ahly.