Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
FIFA honours Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata
FIFA President Joseph Blatter awarded Hassan Shehata the FIFA Order of Merit during the Opening Ceremony of the 64th FIFA Congress on Tuesday.
During the Opening Ceremony of the 64th FIFA Congress at the Transamerica Expo Center in Sao Paulo on Tuesday, Sepp Blatter awarded Hassan Shehata the FIFA Order of Merit ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The 65-year-old Egyptian football legend was invited by CAF to represent Africa at the distinguished event.
— FIFA.com – عربي (@fifacom_ar) June 10, 2014
The veteran Egyptian coach gained this honour by winning the African Cup of Nations three times in a row (Egypt 2006, Ghana 2008 & Angola 2010), leading Egypt to become the first to achieve that record in Africa, while equalizing the continental records of Argentina (winning Copa América 1945, 1946 & 1947) & Iran (AFC Asian Cup 1968, 1972 & 1976).
‘El Maalem’ (The Teacher) – as he’s often referred to by Egyptian fans – will take charge of Difaa El-Jadida after the World Cup, replacing Algerian coach Abdelhak Benchikha after the club were ousted out of the CAF Confederations Cup by Al Ahly.