Al Ahly have completed the signing of Kilmarnock FC striker Souleymane Coulibaly...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
Ittihad of Alexandria announce Sporting Lisbon friendly for centennial celebrations
A former Ittihad of Alexandria board member recently confirmed the friendly between one of Egypt’s oldest clubs, founded in 1914, and Portugal’s Sporting Lisbon.
Although the exact date of the friendly has not been announced, the former board member said, “On June 18th, a delegation from Sporting Lisbon will arrive in Egypt to sign the official paperwork.”
“After that, we will hold a press conference to announce specific details,” he added.
This friendly could represent a homecoming of sorts for Egyptian playmaker Shikabala, who joined the Portuguese club during the winter transfer window.
Partaking and impressing in this preseason friendly may allow Shikabala to participate more regularly for the Sportinguistas next season.
This season, they have played football reminiscent of the teams of the past that contributed to their six Egypt Cup wins.
French coach Denis Lavagne has helped the team, led by recent Egypt debutant Ahmed Sherwida, to occupy third place in Group A of the Egyptian Premier League, only 4 points behind Al Ahly and Smouha, who are level on points.