Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Ittihad of Alexandria announce Sporting Lisbon friendly for centennial celebrations
A former Ittihad of Alexandria board member recently confirmed the friendly between one of Egypt’s oldest clubs, founded in 1914, and Portugal’s Sporting Lisbon.
Although the exact date of the friendly has not been announced, the former board member said, “On June 18th, a delegation from Sporting Lisbon will arrive in Egypt to sign the official paperwork.”
“After that, we will hold a press conference to announce specific details,” he added.
This friendly could represent a homecoming of sorts for Egyptian playmaker Shikabala, who joined the Portuguese club during the winter transfer window.
Partaking and impressing in this preseason friendly may allow Shikabala to participate more regularly for the Sportinguistas next season.
Ittihad of Alexandria are the most popular of the Alexandria-based football teams; behind the Cairo giants of Al Ahly and Zamalek in support.
This season, they have played football reminiscent of the teams of the past that contributed to their six Egypt Cup wins.
French coach Denis Lavagne has helped the team, led by recent Egypt debutant Ahmed Sherwida, to occupy third place in Group A of the Egyptian Premier League, only 4 points behind Al Ahly and Smouha, who are level on points.