History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Ittihad of Alexandria announce Sporting Lisbon friendly for centennial celebrations
A former Ittihad of Alexandria board member recently confirmed the friendly between one of Egypt’s oldest clubs, founded in 1914, and Portugal’s Sporting Lisbon.
Although the exact date of the friendly has not been announced, the former board member said, “On June 18th, a delegation from Sporting Lisbon will arrive in Egypt to sign the official paperwork.”
“After that, we will hold a press conference to announce specific details,” he added.
This friendly could represent a homecoming of sorts for Egyptian playmaker Shikabala, who joined the Portuguese club during the winter transfer window.
Partaking and impressing in this preseason friendly may allow Shikabala to participate more regularly for the Sportinguistas next season.
Ittihad of Alexandria are the most popular of the Alexandria-based football teams; behind the Cairo giants of Al Ahly and Zamalek in support.
This season, they have played football reminiscent of the teams of the past that contributed to their six Egypt Cup wins.
French coach Denis Lavagne has helped the team, led by recent Egypt debutant Ahmed Sherwida, to occupy third place in Group A of the Egyptian Premier League, only 4 points behind Al Ahly and Smouha, who are level on points.