Amr Warda scored his first PAOK goal in a convincing 3-1 win...
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
Ittihad of Alexandria announce Sporting Lisbon friendly for centennial celebrations
A former Ittihad of Alexandria board member recently confirmed the friendly between one of Egypt’s oldest clubs, founded in 1914, and Portugal’s Sporting Lisbon.
Although the exact date of the friendly has not been announced, the former board member said, “On June 18th, a delegation from Sporting Lisbon will arrive in Egypt to sign the official paperwork.”
“After that, we will hold a press conference to announce specific details,” he added.
This friendly could represent a homecoming of sorts for Egyptian playmaker Shikabala, who joined the Portuguese club during the winter transfer window.
Partaking and impressing in this preseason friendly may allow Shikabala to participate more regularly for the Sportinguistas next season.
Ittihad of Alexandria are the most popular of the Alexandria-based football teams; behind the Cairo giants of Al Ahly and Zamalek in support.
This season, they have played football reminiscent of the teams of the past that contributed to their six Egypt Cup wins.
French coach Denis Lavagne has helped the team, led by recent Egypt debutant Ahmed Sherwida, to occupy third place in Group A of the Egyptian Premier League, only 4 points behind Al Ahly and Smouha, who are level on points.