AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Zamalek sign Burkina Faso’s Mohamed Koffi and Al Sharqeya’s Bazooka
The Whites’ official website confirmed the signing on Tuesday adding that the 27-year-old midfielder has agreed to a 3-year contract.
Koffi will be well known to Egyptian football fans as he made 103 appearances and scored 19 goals for Petrojet between 2006 and 2014, according to TransferMarkt.
After a short spell with Duhok SC for which he signed during this season’s winter break, Koffi has expressed his delight at returning to Egypt and his ambition of succeeding with the Whites:
“I prefered Zamalek to many other Egyptian and Arab clubs due to its popularity in Egypt and in Africa. I know the life and Egypt’s atmosphere well from my 7 years here previously. I’m also looking forward to working with Ahmed Hossam “Mido”. I know his style and the way he wants his team to play. I want to fight with my teammates and return trophies to Zamalek.”
In addition to Koffi, Zamalek managed to snap up Al Sharqeya and Olympic national team defender Mohamed Abdel-Razek ‘Bazooka’ for a fee estimated to be around one million and 50 thousand Egyptian Pounds.
After an underwhelming season, Zamalek and Mortada Mansour will surely be hoping to bolster their ranks with further signings in the near future.