Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Zamalek sign Burkina Faso’s Mohamed Koffi and Al Sharqeya’s Bazooka
The Whites’ official website confirmed the signing on Tuesday adding that the 27-year-old midfielder has agreed to a 3-year contract.
Koffi will be well known to Egyptian football fans as he made 103 appearances and scored 19 goals for Petrojet between 2006 and 2014, according to TransferMarkt.
After a short spell with Duhok SC for which he signed during this season’s winter break, Koffi has expressed his delight at returning to Egypt and his ambition of succeeding with the Whites:
“I prefered Zamalek to many other Egyptian and Arab clubs due to its popularity in Egypt and in Africa. I know the life and Egypt’s atmosphere well from my 7 years here previously. I’m also looking forward to working with Ahmed Hossam “Mido”. I know his style and the way he wants his team to play. I want to fight with my teammates and return trophies to Zamalek.”
In addition to Koffi, Zamalek managed to snap up Al Sharqeya and Olympic national team defender Mohamed Abdel-Razek ‘Bazooka’ for a fee estimated to be around one million and 50 thousand Egyptian Pounds.
After an underwhelming season, Zamalek and Mortada Mansour will surely be hoping to bolster their ranks with further signings in the near future.