Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Zamalek sign Burkina Faso’s Mohamed Koffi and Al Sharqeya’s Bazooka
Burkinabé international Mohamed Koffi has signed for Zamalek on a free transfer from Iraqi outfit Duhok SC along with Olympic national team defender Mohamed ‘Bazooka’.
The Whites’ official website confirmed the signing on Tuesday adding that the 27-year-old midfielder has agreed to a 3-year contract.
Koffi will be well known to Egyptian football fans as he made 103 appearances and scored 19 goals for Petrojet between 2006 and 2014, according to TransferMarkt.
After a short spell with Duhok SC for which he signed during this season’s winter break, Koffi has expressed his delight at returning to Egypt and his ambition of succeeding with the Whites:
“I prefered Zamalek to many other Egyptian and Arab clubs due to its popularity in Egypt and in Africa. I know the life and Egypt’s atmosphere well from my 7 years here previously. I’m also looking forward to working with Ahmed Hossam “Mido”. I know his style and the way he wants his team to play. I want to fight with my teammates and return trophies to Zamalek.”
In addition to Koffi, Zamalek managed to snap up Al Sharqeya and Olympic national team defender Mohamed Abdel-Razek ‘Bazooka’ for a fee estimated to be around one million and 50 thousand Egyptian Pounds.
After an underwhelming season, Zamalek and Mortada Mansour will surely be hoping to bolster their ranks with further signings in the near future.