Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Zamalek sign Burkina Faso’s Mohamed Koffi and Al Sharqeya’s Bazooka
Burkinabé international Mohamed Koffi has signed for Zamalek on a free transfer from Iraqi outfit Duhok SC along with Olympic national team defender Mohamed ‘Bazooka’.
The Whites’ official website confirmed the signing on Tuesday adding that the 27-year-old midfielder has agreed to a 3-year contract.
Koffi will be well known to Egyptian football fans as he made 103 appearances and scored 19 goals for Petrojet between 2006 and 2014, according to TransferMarkt.
After a short spell with Duhok SC for which he signed during this season’s winter break, Koffi has expressed his delight at returning to Egypt and his ambition of succeeding with the Whites:
“I prefered Zamalek to many other Egyptian and Arab clubs due to its popularity in Egypt and in Africa. I know the life and Egypt’s atmosphere well from my 7 years here previously. I’m also looking forward to working with Ahmed Hossam “Mido”. I know his style and the way he wants his team to play. I want to fight with my teammates and return trophies to Zamalek.”
In addition to Koffi, Zamalek managed to snap up Al Sharqeya and Olympic national team defender Mohamed Abdel-Razek ‘Bazooka’ for a fee estimated to be around one million and 50 thousand Egyptian Pounds.
After an underwhelming season, Zamalek and Mortada Mansour will surely be hoping to bolster their ranks with further signings in the near future.