KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Zamalek beat Ittihad El-Shorta to seal progression to Egyptian Premier League semi-finals
Zamalek XI: Abdelwahed El-Sayed; Hazem Emam, Mahmoud Fathallah, Salah Soliman, Mohamed Abdelshafy; Ahmed Tawfik, Noor El-Sayed, Omar Gaber, Mo’men Zakaria, Mohamed Ibrahim; Ahmed Gaafar.
Ittihad El-Shorta XI: Ahmed Saad; Ahmed Dwidar, Khaled Sotouhy, Reda El-Azab; Ahmed Kamal, Hossam Abdelaal, Salah Rico, Mohamed El-Sadat, Maaruf Youssef; Khaled Kamar, Mohamed Mohsen Abou-Greisha.
Ittihad El-Shorta were awarded a penalty early on and Zamalek-bound Ahmed Dwidar stepped up and converted his spot kick.
Zamalek equalised not long after when Mo’men Zakaria finished past Ahmed Saad from close range to make it 1-1.
The White Knights then got a penalty of their own; Mahmoud Fathallah stepped up and made no mistake from the spot to make it 2-1.
At the start of the second half, Shorta began to show more grit- Khaled Kamar made use of Abdelwahed El-Sayed’s blunder and finished from a very tight angle to make it 2-2.
Ahmed Gaafar then had the chance to win the game for Zamalek but his header went over the bar.
The White Castle finally made it 3-2 when Mahmoud Fathallah latched onto a cross and guided his header past Ahmed Saad.
Zamalek sealed their progression minutes later through substitute Mostafa Fathy whose volley found the back of the net.
Shorta got a consolation goal in the fifth minute of added time through Mohamed Maged who cooly finished past Abdelwahed El-Sayed.