Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Me and Ibrahimovic almost killed each other
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Zamalek beat Ittihad El-Shorta to seal progression to Egyptian Premier League semi-finals
Zamalek XI: Abdelwahed El-Sayed; Hazem Emam, Mahmoud Fathallah, Salah Soliman, Mohamed Abdelshafy; Ahmed Tawfik, Noor El-Sayed, Omar Gaber, Mo’men Zakaria, Mohamed Ibrahim; Ahmed Gaafar.
Ittihad El-Shorta XI: Ahmed Saad; Ahmed Dwidar, Khaled Sotouhy, Reda El-Azab; Ahmed Kamal, Hossam Abdelaal, Salah Rico, Mohamed El-Sadat, Maaruf Youssef; Khaled Kamar, Mohamed Mohsen Abou-Greisha.
Ittihad El-Shorta were awarded a penalty early on and Zamalek-bound Ahmed Dwidar stepped up and converted his spot kick.
Zamalek equalised not long after when Mo’men Zakaria finished past Ahmed Saad from close range to make it 1-1.
The White Knights then got a penalty of their own; Mahmoud Fathallah stepped up and made no mistake from the spot to make it 2-1.
At the start of the second half, Shorta began to show more grit- Khaled Kamar made use of Abdelwahed El-Sayed’s blunder and finished from a very tight angle to make it 2-2.
Ahmed Gaafar then had the chance to win the game for Zamalek but his header went over the bar.
The White Castle finally made it 3-2 when Mahmoud Fathallah latched onto a cross and guided his header past Ahmed Saad.
Zamalek sealed their progression minutes later through substitute Mostafa Fathy whose volley found the back of the net.
Shorta got a consolation goal in the fifth minute of added time through Mohamed Maged who cooly finished past Abdelwahed El-Sayed.