Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Official: Zamalek sign Ittihad El-Shorta trio Kamar, Dewidar, Youssef
The signing of the trio comes just one day after the White Knights’ dramatic win over Ittihad El-Shorta in the final matchday of the Egyptian Premier League.
Zamalek purchased the trio for a reported fee of 4 million EGP (€400,00), proving to be more attractive than the bid of Al Ahly.
According to Eurosport, the White Knights offered the 4m EGP in cash as opposed to Al Ahly’s offer which meant that the money would’ve been paid as installments.
Nigerian midfielder Maaruf Youssef played all of the 21 games as a starter this season with Ittihad El-Shorta, scoring two goals in the process.
The second of the three signings is Egyptian international Khaled Kamar who is currently second in the Egyptian Premier League’s goalscoring charts with 10 goals.
The final player of the trio is 26-year old defender Ahmed Dewidar who made 19 appearances for Shorta this season, scoring one goal.
It is also worth mentioning that this is the White Knights’ second piece of business this summer, after re-signing Ibrahim Salah.