Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Official: Zamalek sign Ittihad El-Shorta trio Kamar, Dewidar, Youssef
The signing of the trio comes just one day after the White Knights’ dramatic win over Ittihad El-Shorta in the final matchday of the Egyptian Premier League.
Zamalek purchased the trio for a reported fee of 4 million EGP (€400,00), proving to be more attractive than the bid of Al Ahly.
According to Eurosport, the White Knights offered the 4m EGP in cash as opposed to Al Ahly’s offer which meant that the money would’ve been paid as installments.
Nigerian midfielder Maaruf Youssef played all of the 21 games as a starter this season with Ittihad El-Shorta, scoring two goals in the process.
The second of the three signings is Egyptian international Khaled Kamar who is currently second in the Egyptian Premier League’s goalscoring charts with 10 goals.
The final player of the trio is 26-year old defender Ahmed Dewidar who made 19 appearances for Shorta this season, scoring one goal.
It is also worth mentioning that this is the White Knights’ second piece of business this summer, after re-signing Ibrahim Salah.