After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Official: Zamalek sign Ittihad El-Shorta trio Kamar, Dewidar, Youssef
The signing of the trio comes just one day after the White Knights’ dramatic win over Ittihad El-Shorta in the final matchday of the Egyptian Premier League.
Zamalek purchased the trio for a reported fee of 4 million EGP (€400,00), proving to be more attractive than the bid of Al Ahly.
According to Eurosport, the White Knights offered the 4m EGP in cash as opposed to Al Ahly’s offer which meant that the money would’ve been paid as installments.
Nigerian midfielder Maaruf Youssef played all of the 21 games as a starter this season with Ittihad El-Shorta, scoring two goals in the process.
The second of the three signings is Egyptian international Khaled Kamar who is currently second in the Egyptian Premier League’s goalscoring charts with 10 goals.
The final player of the trio is 26-year old defender Ahmed Dewidar who made 19 appearances for Shorta this season, scoring one goal.
It is also worth mentioning that this is the White Knights’ second piece of business this summer, after re-signing Ibrahim Salah.