Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Official: Zamalek sign Ittihad El-Shorta trio Kamar, Dewidar, Youssef
The signing of the trio comes just one day after the White Knights’ dramatic win over Ittihad El-Shorta in the final matchday of the Egyptian Premier League.
Zamalek purchased the trio for a reported fee of 4 million EGP (€400,00), proving to be more attractive than the bid of Al Ahly.
According to Eurosport, the White Knights offered the 4m EGP in cash as opposed to Al Ahly’s offer which meant that the money would’ve been paid as installments.
Nigerian midfielder Maaruf Youssef played all of the 21 games as a starter this season with Ittihad El-Shorta, scoring two goals in the process.
The second of the three signings is Egyptian international Khaled Kamar who is currently second in the Egyptian Premier League’s goalscoring charts with 10 goals.
The final player of the trio is 26-year old defender Ahmed Dewidar who made 19 appearances for Shorta this season, scoring one goal.
It is also worth mentioning that this is the White Knights’ second piece of business this summer, after re-signing Ibrahim Salah.