Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Official: Zamalek sign Ittihad El-Shorta trio Kamar, Dewidar, Youssef
The signing of the trio comes just one day after the White Knights’ dramatic win over Ittihad El-Shorta in the final matchday of the Egyptian Premier League.
Zamalek purchased the trio for a reported fee of 4 million EGP (€400,00), proving to be more attractive than the bid of Al Ahly.
According to Eurosport, the White Knights offered the 4m EGP in cash as opposed to Al Ahly’s offer which meant that the money would’ve been paid as installments.
Nigerian midfielder Maaruf Youssef played all of the 21 games as a starter this season with Ittihad El-Shorta, scoring two goals in the process.
The second of the three signings is Egyptian international Khaled Kamar who is currently second in the Egyptian Premier League’s goalscoring charts with 10 goals.
The final player of the trio is 26-year old defender Ahmed Dewidar who made 19 appearances for Shorta this season, scoring one goal.
It is also worth mentioning that this is the White Knights’ second piece of business this summer, after re-signing Ibrahim Salah.