Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Ramadan Sobhy shines as Al Ahly cruise past Misr El-Maqassa
Al Ahly cruised past Misr El-Maqassa 3-0 on Monday in the final matchday in Group A of the 2013/14 season.
Al Ahly threatened from the start when El-Sayed Hamdy layed the ball off to Mohamed Hassan whose strike went inches wide.
Ahmed Raouf then had the chance to make it 1-0 after rounding Mostafa Kamal but his finish was cleared off the line by Rami Adel.
The Red Castle were awarded a controversial penalty minutes later when Karim Bambo was brought down in the box.
Saad Samir stepped up to take the corresponding spot kick and converted it with ease to make it 1-0.
It was all one way traffic when Al Ahly were awarded a second penalty which was converted by Ahmed Raouf who sent Mostafa Kamal the wrong way.
Maqassa were then dealt a blow when Ghanaian striker Kofi Nti Boakye dislocated his shoulder after a collision with Al Ahly goalkeeper Ahmed Adel.
At the start of the second half, Al Ahly could’ve made it 3-0 when Ahmed Raouf layed the ball off to El-Sayed Hamdy whose volley was kept out by Mostafa Kamal.
Ramadan Sobhy then made it 3-0 with a well composed shot after some great link-up play by the Al Ahly youngsters.
El-Sayed Hamdy should’ve made it four minutes when he went through on goal but his finish slammed against the post.