Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Ramadan Sobhy shines as Al Ahly cruise past Misr El-Maqassa
Al Ahly cruised past Misr El-Maqassa 3-0 on Monday in the final matchday in Group A of the 2013/14 season.
Al Ahly threatened from the start when El-Sayed Hamdy layed the ball off to Mohamed Hassan whose strike went inches wide.
Ahmed Raouf then had the chance to make it 1-0 after rounding Mostafa Kamal but his finish was cleared off the line by Rami Adel.
The Red Castle were awarded a controversial penalty minutes later when Karim Bambo was brought down in the box.
Saad Samir stepped up to take the corresponding spot kick and converted it with ease to make it 1-0.
It was all one way traffic when Al Ahly were awarded a second penalty which was converted by Ahmed Raouf who sent Mostafa Kamal the wrong way.
Maqassa were then dealt a blow when Ghanaian striker Kofi Nti Boakye dislocated his shoulder after a collision with Al Ahly goalkeeper Ahmed Adel.
At the start of the second half, Al Ahly could’ve made it 3-0 when Ahmed Raouf layed the ball off to El-Sayed Hamdy whose volley was kept out by Mostafa Kamal.
Ramadan Sobhy then made it 3-0 with a well composed shot after some great link-up play by the Al Ahly youngsters.
El-Sayed Hamdy should’ve made it four minutes when he went through on goal but his finish slammed against the post.