Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
2014 World Cup Roundup: Groups C & D
2014 World Cup roundup: KingFut.com’s Ahmad Yousef recaps all the action from the second round of fixtures of Groups C & D in Brazil.
Africa’s biggest hope of knockout football Cote d’Ivorie were beaten 2-1 by Colombia in a game which saw all three goals scored within a nine minute period of the second half. Colombia started the game off brightly and were more threatening in front of goal than the Ivorians but they had to wait till the second half to open the scoring when a corner from Juan Cuadrado was met powerfully by James Rodriguez. Six minutes later after a defensive error from, Mohamed El-Nenny’s FC Basel teammate Serey Die, Colombia doubled the scoreline thanks to a goal from Juan Quintero. Just three minutes later Gervinho pulled one back for the Elephants with a fabulous individual goal.
Japan were unable to beat a Greece side that played 52 minutes with 10 men as captain Konstantinos Katsouranis was sent off in the first half for two bookable offences. Chances were far and few between with neither side managing to dominate.
Costa Rica 1-0 Italy
Costa Rica yet again managed to cause an upset this time beating four time World Champions Italy by one goal to nil. In a very open game Italy dominated early on but Ballotelli was forced to rue on missed chances. With one minute to play in the first half Fulham player Bryan Ruiz scored the only goal of the game, a powerful header.
Uruguay 2-1 England
Costa Rica’s win over Italy a day later meant that the two goals from Luis Suarez eliminated England from the World Cup. Suarez who had keyhole knee surgery only a month ago managed to head a Cavani cross across Joe Hart. Wayne Rooney managed to equalise after Glen Johnson burst into the box and created a tap in for the Manchester United player. But with five minutes to go Luis Suarez broke England’s hearts after thumping in a goal after a long kick from goalkeeper Muslera which was cleared by mistake to Suarez from Gerrard.