Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
VIDEO: Abou-Treika full of praise for Algeria following historic win
Egypt and Al Ahly legend Mohamed Abou-Treika impressed with Algeria’s performance after their 4-2 win over South Korea in second round of World Cup group matches.
The beIN Sports pundit started with congratulating the Algerian national team for their historic win over South Korea – despite the well known Algerian–Egyptian rivalry, as the Algerians were the ones to prevent Egypt and Abou-Treika from reaching the 2010 FIFA World Cup after 1-0 win in a tie breaker match in Omdurman.
Treika singled out Feghouli, Slimani, Brahimi and Djabou as the stars of the match. He said: “This quartet have made the difference. They have great technical potential and knew how to exploit South Korea’s weaknesses.”
The 35-year-old former international then went on to warn of how important the Russia match is for the Algerians to advance, mentioning how great the talents in the team are.
However, Abou-Treika showed his belief in the ability of the Desert Foxes to make it to the round of the 16, while advising Algerian manager Vahid Halilhodzic to make use of the plethora of attacking talents he has, take control of the match and not fall back to a defensive state.