Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Abou-Treika full of praise for Algeria following historic win
Egypt and Al Ahly legend Mohamed Abou-Treika impressed with Algeria’s performance after their 4-2 win over South Korea in second round of World Cup group matches.
The beIN Sports pundit started with congratulating the Algerian national team for their historic win over South Korea – despite the well known Algerian–Egyptian rivalry, as the Algerians were the ones to prevent Egypt and Abou-Treika from reaching the 2010 FIFA World Cup after 1-0 win in a tie breaker match in Omdurman.
Treika singled out Feghouli, Slimani, Brahimi and Djabou as the stars of the match. He said: “This quartet have made the difference. They have great technical potential and knew how to exploit South Korea’s weaknesses.”
The 35-year-old former international then went on to warn of how important the Russia match is for the Algerians to advance, mentioning how great the talents in the team are.
However, Abou-Treika showed his belief in the ability of the Desert Foxes to make it to the round of the 16, while advising Algerian manager Vahid Halilhodzic to make use of the plethora of attacking talents he has, take control of the match and not fall back to a defensive state.