Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
VIDEO: Abou-Treika full of praise for Algeria following historic win
The beIN Sports pundit started with congratulating the Algerian national team for their historic win over South Korea – despite the well known Algerian–Egyptian rivalry, as the Algerians were the ones to prevent Egypt and Abou-Treika from reaching the 2010 FIFA World Cup after 1-0 win in a tie breaker match in Omdurman.
Treika singled out Feghouli, Slimani, Brahimi and Djabou as the stars of the match. He said: “This quartet have made the difference. They have great technical potential and knew how to exploit South Korea’s weaknesses.”
The 35-year-old former international then went on to warn of how important the Russia match is for the Algerians to advance, mentioning how great the talents in the team are.
However, Abou-Treika showed his belief in the ability of the Desert Foxes to make it to the round of the 16, while advising Algerian manager Vahid Halilhodzic to make use of the plethora of attacking talents he has, take control of the match and not fall back to a defensive state.