Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
VIDEO: Abou-Treika full of praise for Algeria following historic win
The beIN Sports pundit started with congratulating the Algerian national team for their historic win over South Korea – despite the well known Algerian–Egyptian rivalry, as the Algerians were the ones to prevent Egypt and Abou-Treika from reaching the 2010 FIFA World Cup after 1-0 win in a tie breaker match in Omdurman.
Treika singled out Feghouli, Slimani, Brahimi and Djabou as the stars of the match. He said: “This quartet have made the difference. They have great technical potential and knew how to exploit South Korea’s weaknesses.”
The 35-year-old former international then went on to warn of how important the Russia match is for the Algerians to advance, mentioning how great the talents in the team are.
However, Abou-Treika showed his belief in the ability of the Desert Foxes to make it to the round of the 16, while advising Algerian manager Vahid Halilhodzic to make use of the plethora of attacking talents he has, take control of the match and not fall back to a defensive state.