Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
EFA decide against cancelling relegation, old league format restored
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) have decided that next season’s league will be played in one group as opposed to two like the current version with relegation taking place as normal starting this season.
Since the Port Said disaster in 2012, the last two editions of the league have been played in two groups to avoid games between Al Ahly and Al Masry with relegation not taking place since the 2010/11 season.
The EFA have officially declared that relegation will take place this season, thus meaning that next season’s Egyptian Premier League will consist of 20 sides all in one group.
This decision has come as a response to the earlier recommendation made by the Club Committee to cancel relegation, however the EFA decided to go against the recommendation and have decided against cancelling relegation.
It is also worth mentioning that this decision means that the Egyptian Premier League will return to the old format which was last implemented in the 2011/2012 season.