Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Sayed Moawad announces end of season retirement
The Egyptian international has seen himself drop down the pecking order in recent months, with Ahmed Shedid seeing more playing time.
The official announcement came on social media website Twitter, the tweet reads “I have decided to end my lifelong dream. I’ll leave the field and return to the stands, supporting the team alongside the greatest fans in the world.”
استخرت الله وقررت انهاء أجمل أحلام حياتي بمغادرة النادي الأهلي .. أترك الملعب وأعود مشجعا وسط أعظم جمهور ً pic.twitter.com/8PfEgp8Myn
— sayed moawad (@sayedmoawad1) June 25, 2014
In spite of calling it a day, the Al Ahly board managed to convince Moawad to postpone his retirement until the Egyptian Premier League season ends.
Moawad moved to the Red Devils in 2008 from Ismaily, and has since then won many honours including three Egyptian Premier League titles and three CAF Champions League medals, in addition to two African Cup of Nations medals with the national team.