Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Sayed Moawad announces end of season retirement
The Egyptian international has seen himself drop down the pecking order in recent months, with Ahmed Shedid seeing more playing time.
The official announcement came on social media website Twitter, the tweet reads “I have decided to end my lifelong dream. I’ll leave the field and return to the stands, supporting the team alongside the greatest fans in the world.”
استخرت الله وقررت انهاء أجمل أحلام حياتي بمغادرة النادي الأهلي .. أترك الملعب وأعود مشجعا وسط أعظم جمهور ً pic.twitter.com/8PfEgp8Myn
— sayed moawad (@sayedmoawad1) June 25, 2014
In spite of calling it a day, the Al Ahly board managed to convince Moawad to postpone his retirement until the Egyptian Premier League season ends.
Moawad moved to the Red Devils in 2008 from Ismaily, and has since then won many honours including three Egyptian Premier League titles and three CAF Champions League medals, in addition to two African Cup of Nations medals with the national team.