Pitso Mosimane revealed his interest in signing two Zamalek players ahead of...
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
Agent: Ronaldinho to Zamalek ‘a joke’
Assis Moreira, the brother, manager, agent and adviser of Ronaldinho has denied the claims of Zamalek president Mortada Mansour that the Brazilian superstar is set to join the Cairo giants.
“Atletico-MG are unaware of any negotiations involving Ronaldinho with Egyptian side Zamalek,” Moreira told Brazilian newspaper Globoesporte.
“Ronaldinho has a contract with the club until the end of the year,” he added.
Chairman of Zamalek and former presidential candidate Mortada Mansour claimed on Thursday that he has held talks with an agent to bring the former Barcelona and current Atletico Mineiro playmaker Ronaldinho to Egypt.
However, Moreira said he hadn’t spoken with the Zamalek president, and brushed off the rumor as ‘a joke’.
“I had not talked with the president of Zamalek, much less with representatives of the Egyptian club,” he said.
“He (Mortada) should be talking about Ronaldo. No one spoke to me. This must be a joke.”
Zamalek continue to rebuild their squad under manager Mido and president Mortada Mansour, having already signed Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Samir and Ittihad El-Shorta trio Khaled Kamar, Ahmed Dweidar & Maaruf Youssef, while being on the verge of completing a handful of other high-profile deals.