Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Agent: Ronaldinho to Zamalek ‘a joke’
Assis Moreira, the brother, manager, agent and adviser of Ronaldinho has denied the claims of Zamalek president Mortada Mansour that the Brazilian superstar is set to join the Cairo giants.
“Atletico-MG are unaware of any negotiations involving Ronaldinho with Egyptian side Zamalek,” Moreira told Brazilian newspaper Globoesporte.
“Ronaldinho has a contract with the club until the end of the year,” he added.
Chairman of Zamalek and former presidential candidate Mortada Mansour claimed on Thursday that he has held talks with an agent to bring the former Barcelona and current Atletico Mineiro playmaker Ronaldinho to Egypt.
However, Moreira said he hadn’t spoken with the Zamalek president, and brushed off the rumor as ‘a joke’.
“I had not talked with the president of Zamalek, much less with representatives of the Egyptian club,” he said.
“He (Mortada) should be talking about Ronaldo. No one spoke to me. This must be a joke.”
Zamalek continue to rebuild their squad under manager Mido and president Mortada Mansour, having already signed Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Samir and Ittihad El-Shorta trio Khaled Kamar, Ahmed Dweidar & Maaruf Youssef, while being on the verge of completing a handful of other high-profile deals.