Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Agent: Ronaldinho to Zamalek ‘a joke’
Assis Moreira, the brother, manager, agent and adviser of Ronaldinho has denied the claims of Zamalek president Mortada Mansour that the Brazilian superstar is set to join the Cairo giants.
“Atletico-MG are unaware of any negotiations involving Ronaldinho with Egyptian side Zamalek,” Moreira told Brazilian newspaper Globoesporte.
“Ronaldinho has a contract with the club until the end of the year,” he added.
Chairman of Zamalek and former presidential candidate Mortada Mansour claimed on Thursday that he has held talks with an agent to bring the former Barcelona and current Atletico Mineiro playmaker Ronaldinho to Egypt.
However, Moreira said he hadn’t spoken with the Zamalek president, and brushed off the rumor as ‘a joke’.
“I had not talked with the president of Zamalek, much less with representatives of the Egyptian club,” he said.
“He (Mortada) should be talking about Ronaldo. No one spoke to me. This must be a joke.”
Zamalek continue to rebuild their squad under manager Mido and president Mortada Mansour, having already signed Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Samir and Ittihad El-Shorta trio Khaled Kamar, Ahmed Dweidar & Maaruf Youssef, while being on the verge of completing a handful of other high-profile deals.