Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Agent: Ronaldinho to Zamalek ‘a joke’
Assis Moreira, the brother, manager, agent and adviser of Ronaldinho has denied the claims of Zamalek president Mortada Mansour that the Brazilian superstar is set to join the Cairo giants.
“Atletico-MG are unaware of any negotiations involving Ronaldinho with Egyptian side Zamalek,” Moreira told Brazilian newspaper Globoesporte.
“Ronaldinho has a contract with the club until the end of the year,” he added.
Chairman of Zamalek and former presidential candidate Mortada Mansour claimed on Thursday that he has held talks with an agent to bring the former Barcelona and current Atletico Mineiro playmaker Ronaldinho to Egypt.
However, Moreira said he hadn’t spoken with the Zamalek president, and brushed off the rumor as ‘a joke’.
“I had not talked with the president of Zamalek, much less with representatives of the Egyptian club,” he said.
“He (Mortada) should be talking about Ronaldo. No one spoke to me. This must be a joke.”
Zamalek continue to rebuild their squad under manager Mido and president Mortada Mansour, having already signed Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Samir and Ittihad El-Shorta trio Khaled Kamar, Ahmed Dweidar & Maaruf Youssef, while being on the verge of completing a handful of other high-profile deals.