Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Agent: Ronaldinho to Zamalek ‘a joke’
Assis Moreira, the brother, manager, agent and adviser of Ronaldinho has denied the claims of Zamalek president Mortada Mansour that the Brazilian superstar is set to join the Cairo giants.
“Atletico-MG are unaware of any negotiations involving Ronaldinho with Egyptian side Zamalek,” Moreira told Brazilian newspaper Globoesporte.
“Ronaldinho has a contract with the club until the end of the year,” he added.
Chairman of Zamalek and former presidential candidate Mortada Mansour claimed on Thursday that he has held talks with an agent to bring the former Barcelona and current Atletico Mineiro playmaker Ronaldinho to Egypt.
However, Moreira said he hadn’t spoken with the Zamalek president, and brushed off the rumor as ‘a joke’.
“I had not talked with the president of Zamalek, much less with representatives of the Egyptian club,” he said.
“He (Mortada) should be talking about Ronaldo. No one spoke to me. This must be a joke.”
Zamalek continue to rebuild their squad under manager Mido and president Mortada Mansour, having already signed Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Samir and Ittihad El-Shorta trio Khaled Kamar, Ahmed Dweidar & Maaruf Youssef, while being on the verge of completing a handful of other high-profile deals.