Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
VIDEO: Smouha ease past Petrojet in final phase of Egyptian league
The Alexandria-based side were able to get the three points from Group B winners Petrojet ahead of their important match against Zamalek on July 2nd.
Smouha’s Starting XI: Amir Abdel-Hameed – Ahmed Said “Okka: – Ayman Ashraf – El-Sayed Farid – Sherif Hazem – Abdel-Rahman Farouk – Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek – Ahmed Hamoudi – Tarek Hamed – Alaa Ali – Hany El-Egeizy.
Petrojet’s Starting XI: Mohamed El-Shenawy – Ossama Mohamed – Amr Hassan – Amr Yehia – Mohamed Dabsh – Ahmed El-Shenawy – Ahmed Magdy – Mostafa Shbeita – Hesham Abou-Khalil – James Owoboskini – Marwan Mohsen.
The first match of the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League commenced with Smouha pressuring Petrojet’s defense to score an early goal.
Smouha’s wishes were answered immediately after Hany El-Egeizy scored an early goal in the 3rd minute. Ahmed Said ‘Okka’ played a long foul and El-Egeizy was able to run past the defense to end up on the right side of the goalkeeper, before converting from close range.
The first half progressed without any real dangerous attempts on Smouha’s goal. The Alexandrians, however, pushed on through Ahmed Hamoudi and Hany El-Egeizy in an attempt to double the score before half-time.
In the 30th minute, Smouha’s pressure paid off as El-Egeizy was able to take advantage of Alaa Ali’s corner and a poor mistake from goalkeeper El-Shenawy to net the second goal.
20 minutes into the second half, Hamoudi was able to score the third goal for Smouha, making it a much more difficult task for a Petrojet comeback.
However, six minutes later, Egypt international Marwan Mohsen was able to pull one back for Petrojet.
Their comeback hopes were ended quickly as in the 81st minute, Ahmed Hamoudi scored once again from a counter attack making it 4-1 in Smouha’s favour.
The Alexandrian side will next face Zamalek at Cairo’s Air Defence Stadium on July 2nd.