Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
VIDEO: Smouha ease past Petrojet in final phase of Egyptian league
Hany El-Egeizy and Ahmed Hamoudi’s braces gave Smouha a 4-1 win over Petrojet in the final phase of the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League season.
The Alexandria-based side were able to get the three points from Group B winners Petrojet ahead of their important match against Zamalek on July 2nd.
Smouha’s Starting XI: Amir Abdel-Hameed – Ahmed Said “Okka: – Ayman Ashraf – El-Sayed Farid – Sherif Hazem – Abdel-Rahman Farouk – Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek – Ahmed Hamoudi – Tarek Hamed – Alaa Ali – Hany El-Egeizy.
Petrojet’s Starting XI: Mohamed El-Shenawy – Ossama Mohamed – Amr Hassan – Amr Yehia – Mohamed Dabsh – Ahmed El-Shenawy – Ahmed Magdy – Mostafa Shbeita – Hesham Abou-Khalil – James Owoboskini – Marwan Mohsen.
The first match of the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League commenced with Smouha pressuring Petrojet’s defense to score an early goal.
Smouha’s wishes were answered immediately after Hany El-Egeizy scored an early goal in the 3rd minute. Ahmed Said ‘Okka’ played a long foul and El-Egeizy was able to run past the defense to end up on the right side of the goalkeeper, before converting from close range.
The first half progressed without any real dangerous attempts on Smouha’s goal. The Alexandrians, however, pushed on through Ahmed Hamoudi and Hany El-Egeizy in an attempt to double the score before half-time.
In the 30th minute, Smouha’s pressure paid off as El-Egeizy was able to take advantage of Alaa Ali’s corner and a poor mistake from goalkeeper El-Shenawy to net the second goal.
20 minutes into the second half, Hamoudi was able to score the third goal for Smouha, making it a much more difficult task for a Petrojet comeback.
However, six minutes later, Egypt international Marwan Mohsen was able to pull one back for Petrojet.
Their comeback hopes were ended quickly as in the 81st minute, Ahmed Hamoudi scored once again from a counter attack making it 4-1 in Smouha’s favour.
The Alexandrian side will next face Zamalek at Cairo’s Air Defence Stadium on July 2nd.