KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Al Masry’s Hossam Hassan set for Gil Vicente move
Defensive midfielder Hossam Hassan, who spent the 2012/2013 season on loan at Caykur Rizespor of Turkey and helped them reach promotion to the top flight, is about to arrive in Portugal, according to the player.
The 25-year-old Al Masry player, who can also play as right-back, is expected to undertake a medical next Tuesday, along with the rest of the squad and then finalize the move to the Barcelos outfit.
His multi-functionality will be useful for Gil Vicente – who already have Egyptian centre-back Amr Mokhtar in their U-19 team – who are lacking solutions in the right flank.
Hassan has been previously linked with both Al Ahly and Zamalek and has two senior caps for Egypt under Bob Bradley.
The midfielder has also represented the Pharaohs in the 2012 Olympic Games, along with other national youth team squad caps.
Also linked with Gil Vicente is 25-year-old striker Marwan Mohsen, of Petrojet.