Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Al Masry’s Hossam Hassan set for Gil Vicente move
Defensive midfielder Hossam Hassan, who spent the 2012/2013 season on loan at Caykur Rizespor of Turkey and helped them reach promotion to the top flight, is about to arrive in Portugal, according to the player.
The 25-year-old Al Masry player, who can also play as right-back, is expected to undertake a medical next Tuesday, along with the rest of the squad and then finalize the move to the Barcelos outfit.
His multi-functionality will be useful for Gil Vicente – who already have Egyptian centre-back Amr Mokhtar in their U-19 team – who are lacking solutions in the right flank.
Hassan has been previously linked with both Al Ahly and Zamalek and has two senior caps for Egypt under Bob Bradley.
The midfielder has also represented the Pharaohs in the 2012 Olympic Games, along with other national youth team squad caps.
Also linked with Gil Vicente is 25-year-old striker Marwan Mohsen, of Petrojet.