Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
Al Masry’s Hossam Hassan set for Gil Vicente move
Defensive midfielder Hossam Hassan, who spent the 2012/2013 season on loan at Caykur Rizespor of Turkey and helped them reach promotion to the top flight, is about to arrive in Portugal, according to the player.
The 25-year-old Al Masry player, who can also play as right-back, is expected to undertake a medical next Tuesday, along with the rest of the squad and then finalize the move to the Barcelos outfit.
His multi-functionality will be useful for Gil Vicente – who already have Egyptian centre-back Amr Mokhtar in their U-19 team – who are lacking solutions in the right flank.
Hassan has been previously linked with both Al Ahly and Zamalek and has two senior caps for Egypt under Bob Bradley.
The midfielder has also represented the Pharaohs in the 2012 Olympic Games, along with other national youth team squad caps.
Also linked with Gil Vicente is 25-year-old striker Marwan Mohsen, of Petrojet.