Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Egypt manager Gharib wants early league start
The EFA previously announced that the 2014/15 league year was to kick-off by mid-September. However, the Pharaohs are due to begin their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign on September 6 against Senegal, meaning Gharib’s choice of domestic-based players will have been idle for over two months. Gharib’s staff says it prefers a mid-August start to the league.
EFA executive Tharwat Swailum said the association was “discussing the request,” but would not comment further.
Egypt has played three matches thus far under Gharib’s tutelage, including a 2-0 defeat of Bosnia & Herzegovina, a 3-2 loss to 2014 FIFA World Cup surprise package Chile, and a lackluster 2-2 draw with Jamaica.