Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Egypt manager Gharib wants early league start
The EFA previously announced that the 2014/15 league year was to kick-off by mid-September. However, the Pharaohs are due to begin their 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign on September 6 against Senegal, meaning Gharib’s choice of domestic-based players will have been idle for over two months. Gharib’s staff says it prefers a mid-August start to the league.
EFA executive Tharwat Swailum said the association was “discussing the request,” but would not comment further.
Egypt has played three matches thus far under Gharib’s tutelage, including a 2-0 defeat of Bosnia & Herzegovina, a 3-2 loss to 2014 FIFA World Cup surprise package Chile, and a lackluster 2-2 draw with Jamaica.