Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
FC Viitorul Constanta bid for Ali Fathi
Gheorghe Hagi, who was named as one of the 125 greatest living footballers in 2004, owns Romanian side FC Viitorul and has phoned Arab Contractors Chairman Sherif Habib to make an offer for Fathy’s services.
Habib has revealed that Hagi has been following the 22-year-old fullback for a while and is impressed by his abilities and predicts he will have a fruitful spell in Romania if the deal is to go through.
FC Viitorul Constanța was founded in 2009 by Hagi and was promoted twice within the span of 3 seasons, reaching the topflight and keeping their spot in it last season after finishing in the twelfth spot.
The Romanian side are not the only Europe-based club after his signature; Fathy has attracted interest from Portuguese club Nacional Madeira which has Ali Ghazal and Saleh Gomaa in its ranks.