KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Reports: Garrido set to become Al Ahly coach
Al Ahly officials have reportedly reached an agreement with Spanish manager Juan Carlos Garrido to replace interim coach Fathi Mabrouk.
Several media outlets have reported that the Red Devils have reached an agreement with Spanish coach Juan Carlos Garrido to be in charge of the dugout in the 2014/15 season.
The reports also mention that the African Champions have agreed personal terms which include a €40,000 (400,00 EGP) monthly salary.
The 45-year old has previously coached La Liga outfits Villarreal and Real Betis, and one of his most memorable achievements is guiding El Submarino Amarillo to UEFA Champions League qualification in the 2010/11 season.
It is also worth mentioning that Al Ahly are waiting for the final phase of the Egyptian Premier League to end before officially announcing Garrido.