In the pre-match conference, Mali’s U20 head coach Baye Ba states that...
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
EXCLUSIVE: Al Ahly & Egypt youngster Nabil Abdelaziz joins Latvian side
19-year-old Egyptian-German centre-back Nabil Mamdouh Abdelaziz, who has been the captain of Al Ahly’s youth sides for 9 years, has signed a one-and-a-half year contract with Latvian side FK Daugava Riga, KingFut.com can exclusively reveal.
The Egypt U-20 defender’s first match with his new club – who finished fourth in Latvia last season – will be against Scottish side Aberdeen in the UEFA Europa League, making him one of the few Egyptians participating in European competitions.
Nabil earned his move to FK Daugava Riga on a free transfer without undergoing trials, as the club expressed their confidence in the young Cairo-born defender’s ability.
“I’m extremely happy for this move, it’s a transfer that I’ve been waiting for since a long time. Playing in Europe is just a childhood dream that turned into reality,” Abdelaziz told KingFut.com.
Nabil, commonly known as “Bilo” was one of the first players profiled in KingFut.com‘s ‘Young Pharaohs’ series, and the player expressed his delight over his inclusion: “I would like to thank each and everyone who supported me, especially KingFut, who were the first website to introduce my profile to the fans.”
Daugava Riga are currently seventh in the Latvian Higher League (Virslīga), and will be competing in the qualifying round of UEFA Europa League against Aberdeen on the 4th and 10th of July.