Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
EXCLUSIVE: Al Ahly & Egypt youngster Nabil Abdelaziz joins Latvian side
19-year-old Egyptian-German centre-back Nabil Mamdouh Abdelaziz, who has been the captain of Al Ahly’s youth sides for 9 years, has signed a one-and-a-half year contract with Latvian side FK Daugava Riga, KingFut.com can exclusively reveal.
The Egypt U-20 defender’s first match with his new club – who finished fourth in Latvia last season – will be against Scottish side Aberdeen in the UEFA Europa League, making him one of the few Egyptians participating in European competitions.
Nabil earned his move to FK Daugava Riga on a free transfer without undergoing trials, as the club expressed their confidence in the young Cairo-born defender’s ability.
“I’m extremely happy for this move, it’s a transfer that I’ve been waiting for since a long time. Playing in Europe is just a childhood dream that turned into reality,” Abdelaziz told KingFut.com.
Nabil, commonly known as “Bilo” was one of the first players profiled in KingFut.com‘s ‘Young Pharaohs’ series, and the player expressed his delight over his inclusion: “I would like to thank each and everyone who supported me, especially KingFut, who were the first website to introduce my profile to the fans.”
Daugava Riga are currently seventh in the Latvian Higher League (Virslīga), and will be competing in the qualifying round of UEFA Europa League against Aberdeen on the 4th and 10th of July.