Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
CD Nacional eye Al Ahly target Mahmoud Ezzat after reaching agreement over Ali Fathy
According to agent AbdulRahman Magdy, Portuguese-based club Nacional da Madeira are interested in signing Mahmoud Ezzat, who was head of Al Ahly’s shortlist in the recent weeks – and reportedly had reached an agreement with the club.
Magdy also stated that Nacional are looking to bring the 22-year-old defender Ezzat on a one-year loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the spell, just hours after reaching the same agreement over Egypt left-back Ali Fathy.
The Arab Contractors duo have both been surrounded by speculation in recent weeks following their impressive seasons with the Cairo-based side. The 22-year-old left-back Fathy has been a target of Romanian side FC Viitorul, while Mahmoud Ezzat was linked with a move to Al Ahly.
Ezzat would likely fill in the void left in the Nacional defence following the sale of Mozambique defender Mexer, who joined Ligue 1 side Rennes earlier this summer.
Fathy and Ezzat would be the third and fourth Egyptians to join the ranks of Nacional, who secured Portugal’s final European spot ahead of the 2014/2015 season.