Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
CD Nacional eye Al Ahly target Mahmoud Ezzat after reaching agreement over Ali Fathy
According to agent AbdulRahman Magdy, Portuguese-based club Nacional da Madeira are interested in signing Mahmoud Ezzat, who was head of Al Ahly’s shortlist in the recent weeks – and reportedly had reached an agreement with the club.
Magdy also stated that Nacional are looking to bring the 22-year-old defender Ezzat on a one-year loan deal with an option to buy at the end of the spell, just hours after reaching the same agreement over Egypt left-back Ali Fathy.
The Arab Contractors duo have both been surrounded by speculation in recent weeks following their impressive seasons with the Cairo-based side. The 22-year-old left-back Fathy has been a target of Romanian side FC Viitorul, while Mahmoud Ezzat was linked with a move to Al Ahly.
Ezzat would likely fill in the void left in the Nacional defence following the sale of Mozambique defender Mexer, who joined Ligue 1 side Rennes earlier this summer.
Fathy and Ezzat would be the third and fourth Egyptians to join the ranks of Nacional, who secured Portugal’s final European spot ahead of the 2014/2015 season.